Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
Members of Bulgaria's Religious Denominations and Human Rights parliamentary committee adopted at first reading on Thursday a bill which proposes to ban the wearing of garments concealing the face in public places.
The bill proposed by the Patriotic Front (PF) was backed by MPs from the largest ruling party GERB, the junior coalition partner Reformist Bloc (RB) and the largest opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
MPs from the second largest opposition Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) abstained, demanding more precise definition of the terms “face”, “head” and “parts of the face” appearing in the proposed bill.
The interior and justice ministries and the State Agency for National Security (DANS) have also expressed their support for the bill. According to the bill, the ban will not be applicable in places of worship.
On Thursday, Sliven became the third Bulgarian city to introduce a ban on the wearing of garments concealing the face in public places.
The ban, which had been tabled by the mayor of Sliven, was adopted at a meeting of the municipal council.
The mayor said that the wearing of garments concealing the face hampers the identification of people. According to him, the introduction of the ban will increase the feeling of security among citizens.
- » Bulgaria is First in Europe in Increase of the Number of Prisoners in 2016
- » Constitutional Court will Initiate a Case in Relation to the Istanbul Convention
- » A New Road will Connect Smolyan and Madan, Asphalting Starts on March 21st
- » 150 are the Dams in the Country that are in a Bad Condition
- » 570 km of Roads will be Repaired with Budget Funds this Year
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
In reality this ban will have absolutely no significance.. it will not increase the fertility of the educated females in Bulgaria... it will not stop the outflow of young people.. nothing just making a problem less visible.. end even this will not be achieved.. just diversion form the resent debts that the government made.. debts that will crash this nation in the next 5-6 years.