Europe's Values Questioned by Populism, Bulgaria President Says
With a record high number of crises Europe and the world are facing, nationalist and populist parties are using people's fears to call EU values into question, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
He has also called on the Council of Europe to work on a summit to bring together leaders of all of its member states to reconfirm the values of United Europe.
Plevneliev has made his remarks at the 126th session of the Committee of Ministers with the Council of Europe that is being held in Bulgaria on Wednesday.
"We cannot afford to wait, to postpone [the search for a solution] or leave the problems to the next generation," the President has added in his speech to the council.
He has added the world is witnessing "incessant conflicts, growing extremism, racism, radicalization, religious and ethnic intolerance."
In his words, Europe should be concerned by the fact that the same generation that toppled down the Berlin Wall is now building new fences in the heart of Europe.
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin
- » Head of State Will Take Part in the Summit "One planet", Dedicated to Climate Change
- » The Military Ministry will Pay BGN 81 Million for the Repair of 15 MiGs
- » Washington, Seoul and Tokyo Begin Two-day Joint Military Exercises
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will be on a Working Visit to London Today
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
This invertebrate that intended to remain in power with the votes of the Turks from Turkey is the real example and the real explanation why Europe is in crises.. Because unhealthy and degrading financial interests have upper hand in the political live of Europe and they employ for their purposes people like Plevneliev.. that is why Europe is in crisis.. Because there is not statesmanship in Europe but invertebrates servings rich maniacs.. and the demise of Europe is inevitable with this system.