Europe's Values Questioned by Populism, Bulgaria President Says
With a record high number of crises Europe and the world are facing, nationalist and populist parties are using people's fears to call EU values into question, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
He has also called on the Council of Europe to work on a summit to bring together leaders of all of its member states to reconfirm the values of United Europe.
Plevneliev has made his remarks at the 126th session of the Committee of Ministers with the Council of Europe that is being held in Bulgaria on Wednesday.
"We cannot afford to wait, to postpone [the search for a solution] or leave the problems to the next generation," the President has added in his speech to the council.
He has added the world is witnessing "incessant conflicts, growing extremism, racism, radicalization, religious and ethnic intolerance."
In his words, Europe should be concerned by the fact that the same generation that toppled down the Berlin Wall is now building new fences in the heart of Europe.
- » End of Autonomous Catalonia! Madrid has taken away the Rights of the Government of Puigdemont
- » New Zealand's New Prime Minister will be the Youngest Female Leader in the World
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa
- » The Innovation Fund of Bulgaria will Pay Scholars in early November
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished
This invertebrate that intended to remain in power with the votes of the Turks from Turkey is the real example and the real explanation why Europe is in crises.. Because unhealthy and degrading financial interests have upper hand in the political live of Europe and they employ for their purposes people like Plevneliev.. that is why Europe is in crisis.. Because there is not statesmanship in Europe but invertebrates servings rich maniacs.. and the demise of Europe is inevitable with this system.