Bulgaria, Poland Presidents Urge Dialogue with Russia
Russia should return to policies that conform to predictability, dialogue and cooperation, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
At a joint press conference with Polish counterpart Andrzej Duda, who is on a visit to Bulgaria, Plevneliev has called on Russia to give up what he called "aggressive actions".
He has also placed emphasis on the importance of dialogue among NATO countries, ahead of the Alliance's Warsaw summit in July.
"We need to talk. This is the point of this [summit]. But to talk is not enough. We should be ready to defend ourselves. We should have strong military cooperation with our NATO friends," the Bulgarian National Radio quotes him as saying.
Poland's head of state has backed his words, but has stressed it is also necessary to maintain dialogue with Russia, instead of implementing isolation policies.
"It is the boosting of potential and increasing the strength of the Alliance's forces in our port of the world [that is needed] so that anyone who has aggressive ambitions could see [such actions] are not relevant.
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria
- » Hoyt Yee: Stability and Development of the Balkans Are Extremely Important
\"Russia should give up aggressive actions\" ---- In Syria? ;) Or in Crimea and Donbass where people thank Russia for saving them from the extermination by Kiev? People thank. Vox populi-vox Dei, Mr.Plevneliev.
\"Russia should return to policies that conform to dialogue and cooperation\" --- Great! Obviously NATO deeds
in Yougoslavia, Irak, Libya are the reference model of those charming \"policies\"?
\"We should be ready to defend ourselves. We should have strong military cooperation with our
NATO friends,\" --- Friends?:) Nothing like Yankee Yak and Gun Erdogan?
What about to be ready to \"defend ourseleves\" just from them?