Bulgaria's Counter-Intelligence to Work with NATO on Crisis Management
Counter-intelligence and domestic security agency DANS is the body that will work in tight cooperation with NATO on crisis management and disaster response, the cabinet has announced.
At its cabinet meeting it has approved a draft agreement on that allows the State Agency for National Securityu (DANS) to interact with the alliance's Crisis Management and Disaster Response Center of Excellence (CMDR COE) and exchange information related to “the assessment of threats stemming from espionage, sabotage, terrorist and subversive activity carried out by hostile intelligence services, terror organizations and elements and definition of measures taken.”
NATO has a CMDR COE in Sofia which was officially opened last year.
- » Bulgaria to Initiate Fighter Jet, Armored Vehicle Procurements this March
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: We do not Have Pressure on Our Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria to Invite Offers For Delivery of Fighter Jets, Armoured Vehicles by End-March
- » Montenegro will be Guarded by NATO and Greece Aircraft
- » The German Soldiers have no Winter Clothes and Equipment
- » South Korea and the United States will Resume Military Exercises after the Olympics