Bulgaria's Counter-Intelligence to Work with NATO on Crisis Management
Counter-intelligence and domestic security agency DANS is the body that will work in tight cooperation with NATO on crisis management and disaster response, the cabinet has announced.
At its cabinet meeting it has approved a draft agreement on that allows the State Agency for National Securityu (DANS) to interact with the alliance's Crisis Management and Disaster Response Center of Excellence (CMDR COE) and exchange information related to “the assessment of threats stemming from espionage, sabotage, terrorist and subversive activity carried out by hostile intelligence services, terror organizations and elements and definition of measures taken.”
NATO has a CMDR COE in Sofia which was officially opened last year.
- » Poland: The Cost of the Patriot Missile Defense System is Unacceptable to us
- » The National Security Strategy: Cyber Defence and Modernization of the Army
- » US and South Korean Planes Bombed a Polygon near the DPRK
- » Finland Suspects Russian Aircraft Violated Airspace
- » Chairman of the Military Committee Commends Bulgaria For Being a Reliable Ally
- » Administration of President Donald Trump Intends to Present a New US Security Strategy