Bulgaria's Counter-Intelligence to Work with NATO on Crisis Management
Counter-intelligence and domestic security agency DANS is the body that will work in tight cooperation with NATO on crisis management and disaster response, the cabinet has announced.
At its cabinet meeting it has approved a draft agreement on that allows the State Agency for National Securityu (DANS) to interact with the alliance's Crisis Management and Disaster Response Center of Excellence (CMDR COE) and exchange information related to “the assessment of threats stemming from espionage, sabotage, terrorist and subversive activity carried out by hostile intelligence services, terror organizations and elements and definition of measures taken.”
NATO has a CMDR COE in Sofia which was officially opened last year.
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished
- » Finland does not Exclude NATO Membership
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria to Seek Proposals on New F-16s, Eurofighter Typhoons
- » The Border Fence with Turkey is Becoming Strategical Object of National Security
- » Norway Sends Troops to the Border with Russia