Bulgartabac Posts Tobacco Purchase Figures
Business | December 11, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Two hundred thousand tons of tobacco have been purchased by slated for privatization local monopoly Bulgartabac since the beginning of the year. CEO Georgi Kostov said that for local NET radio. He warned that newly introduced quality standards are inspiring tensions between producers and purchasers. In its October 29 ruling the Supreme Administrative Court stripped the preferred buyer for Bulgaria's tobacco monopoly, the consortium Tobacco Capital Partners and Clar Inns, of its status. The Court said in its motives that favourable changes in the tobacco holding's financial indicators called for a better offer and the Privatization Agency had violated the Ordinance on Competitions by failing to demand a higher price. In response, the Privatization Agency petitioned a five-member SAC panel against the decision of the three-member panel of the same court.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Israel has Reached a Historic Deal on Egypt's Natural Gas Supply
- » Czech Billionaire Kellner Acquired Nova TV
- » Four Countries Prepare an Alternative to the Chinese "One Belt One Road" Initiative
- » Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Bulgaria’s Q4 Household Spending Rises 13%
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)