Bulgartabac Posts Tobacco Purchase Figures
Business | December 11, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Two hundred thousand tons of tobacco have been purchased by slated for privatization local monopoly Bulgartabac since the beginning of the year. CEO Georgi Kostov said that for local NET radio. He warned that newly introduced quality standards are inspiring tensions between producers and purchasers. In its October 29 ruling the Supreme Administrative Court stripped the preferred buyer for Bulgaria's tobacco monopoly, the consortium Tobacco Capital Partners and Clar Inns, of its status. The Court said in its motives that favourable changes in the tobacco holding's financial indicators called for a better offer and the Privatization Agency had violated the Ordinance on Competitions by failing to demand a higher price. In response, the Privatization Agency petitioned a five-member SAC panel against the decision of the three-member panel of the same court.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Facebook Buys Weeks-Old App For Teens to be Nice to Each Other
- » Could Regulations Affect the Casino Industry in 2018
- » Get a FREE bet in today’s € 41 Million EuroMillions Draw!
- » Possible 30% Rise in the Prices of Tickets for the Public Transport in Burgas
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)