Bulgartabac Posts Tobacco Purchase Figures
Business | December 11, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Two hundred thousand tons of tobacco have been purchased by slated for privatization local monopoly Bulgartabac since the beginning of the year. CEO Georgi Kostov said that for local NET radio. He warned that newly introduced quality standards are inspiring tensions between producers and purchasers. In its October 29 ruling the Supreme Administrative Court stripped the preferred buyer for Bulgaria's tobacco monopoly, the consortium Tobacco Capital Partners and Clar Inns, of its status. The Court said in its motives that favourable changes in the tobacco holding's financial indicators called for a better offer and the Privatization Agency had violated the Ordinance on Competitions by failing to demand a higher price. In response, the Privatization Agency petitioned a five-member SAC panel against the decision of the three-member panel of the same court.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Sales of New Cars in Bulgaria Increased by 55%
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » Google is Expanding its Artificial Intelligence in China
- » Free of Charge Ice Rink in Varna until mid January
- » Three Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Japan Intend to Start Production in Bulgaria
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)