Bulgarian Citizen Indicted over People Smuggling
A Bulgarian citizen detained with a group of 15 migrants on Thursday has been indicted with charges of people smuggling, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry has said.
The development does not have any explicit relation to the smuggling of the 54 migrants one of whom died after border police shooting on Thursday evening.
Thursday's arrests came after police in southeastern Bulgaria chased after three vehicles near the village of Debelt, Sredets municipality, which later turned out to be packed with migrants.
The site was within the same municipality where the incident with the supposedly Afghan migrant occurred late on Thursday evening.
- » Officer Is Fourth Killed in France Terrorist Attack
- » Gunman Shot Dead by French Police After Two Killed in Trèbes Supermarket Hostage Situation (UPDATED)
- » Greek Authorities Seize 11 kg of Heroin at Athens Airport
- » BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Gunman 'Kills Shop Worker' After Taking Hostages at French Supermarket
- » 34 Killed, Including 17 Children, in an Air Strike in Northwestern Syria
- » A 20-year-old Girl was Beaten and Robbed in the Student City District of Sofia