Bulgarian Citizen Indicted over People Smuggling
A Bulgarian citizen detained with a group of 15 migrants on Thursday has been indicted with charges of people smuggling, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry has said.
The development does not have any explicit relation to the smuggling of the 54 migrants one of whom died after border police shooting on Thursday evening.
Thursday's arrests came after police in southeastern Bulgaria chased after three vehicles near the village of Debelt, Sredets municipality, which later turned out to be packed with migrants.
The site was within the same municipality where the incident with the supposedly Afghan migrant occurred late on Thursday evening.
- » Nearly 30 Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » 15 were Injured in a Russian School after an Assault by Masked Men
- » Once Again a Blasted ATM in Sofia
- » Greeks have Illegally Broadcast Televisions from Sofia and Petrich
- » Jewelry Theft for Millions in Paris
- » The Guardian: Bulgarian Businessman Killed in Broad Daylight in Sofia