Slavi Binev Resigns As Head Of Culture And Media Parliamentary Committee
Slavi Binev, MP of the Patriotic Front, resigned from his position as head of the Parliamentary Committee For Culture And Media.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the PF group in Parliament and was announced by the co-chairperson of the group Valeri Simeonov in front of journalists.
The appointment of Binev, who has a somewhat controversial reputation, sparked series of protests of artists, actors, musicians, writers and students and provoked angry letters from Bulgaria's public media and artistic associations.
"We witnessed an extremely ugly and degrading smear campaign against Mr. Binev, without getting any arguments," Simeonov told the journalists. "Regardless, we believe that the creation of tensions in the current moment, no matter how valid, massive and well-staged it may be, should not continue."
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi