Bulgarian Children Third in Minor Smokers Chart
Politics | November 22, 2002, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgarian children rank third in the grim chart of underage smokers. Only Chilean and Ukrainian youngsters smoke more, a global survey conducted by the World Health Organization and UNICEF shows. The data was published in Bulgaria on November 21 - the World No-Tobacco Day. Dr. Antoaneta Manolova, coordinator of the survey, announced the data from Bulgaria. In May, 2,220 school children from eighth to tenth grade across the country filled out a special questionnaire. In chart leader Chili, 79.8 percent of children use tobacco while Bulgaria registered 69.1 percent of underage smokers. The average percentage of all surveyed countries was estimated to 33. Half of the polled girls in Bulgaria tried tobacco for the first time before reaching thirteen. 7.4 of the boys first lit a cigarette under the age of seven. According to the survey, 71 percent of addicted children failed when trying to quit smoking. Bulgaria ranks third in the chart of overall tobacco consumption after Greece and Japan, another survey showed.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Boyko Borisov will Meet with Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg
- » The National Academy of Arts Wants to Make an Affiliate in Burgas
- » Sofia Mayor Banned the Parking of Buses in Front of the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- » CEC Test Publicly Remote Electronic Voting
- » The National Council for Tripartite Cooperation Discusses the Minimum Wage Today
- » 2 Years After Paris, the One Planet Summit Aims to Galvanize New Action on Climate Change
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)