German Investors Confirm Interest in Bulgaria's Tobacco Monopoly
Business | November 16, 2002, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgartabac issue has been raised at all the meetings with German politicians and businessmen, Deputy Prime Minister and Economy Minister Vassilev said. He underlined that the German investors have confirmed their commitment and interest in the deal for an 80% stake in Bulgaria's tobacco giant. The position of the government has been clearly stated and we will do our best so that the deal serves the nation's interests, he underlined. On October 29 the Supreme Administrative Court (SAC) overruled the decision of the Privatisation Agency and stripped the preferred buyer, Deutsche Bank-backed consortium Tobacco Capital Partners and Clar Inns, of its status. Following PA appeal, the case will be heard by a five-member SAC panel on November 29. PA will try to defeat the court's claims that there had been favourable changes in the financial standing of Bulgartabac that could have - but did not - influenced the price offered for it. Minister Vassilev said that he fully backs the position of the Privatisation Agency.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Investment Projects in Bulgaria for BGN 800 Million to be Launched
- » The World Bank Predicts Acceleration in the Growth of the Bulgarian Economy
- » Spain Moves to Suspend Autonomy
- » Investments in Bulgaria Halved in the Eight Months of 2017
- » The First Public Auction with Bitcoin to be Held in Italy
- » Twitter is Planning to Impose New Restrictions on Pornographic and Hateful Imagery
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)