Artistic Group Sets Up “War Survival Kits” in Sofia
The Destructive Creation artistic group set up “war survival kits” at three places in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
The red box contains bread, salt and a gas mask.
According to the facebook page of Destructive Creation, who had previously painted the statues of the Soviet Army monument in Sofia as US comic characters and dressed the main statues of the Mound of Brothers monument in Sofia as a martenitsa, wrote that the kit was suitable for “the proper welcoming” of whoever and whatever. The art installation was provoked by the rising tensions between the West and Russia.
“If there is a war between NATO and Russia, we would have to wear gas masks,” the people of Destructive Creaton told the Bulgarian OFFNews website. “Then we would need the bread and salt to welcome the winner.”
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 60% of Babies Born in Bulgaria in 2013 Were Out-of-Wedlock-Births
- » Bulgaria Marks 137th Anniversary of Heroic Shipka Pass Battle
- » Sofia's Cultural Calendar Swelling with Performaces in End-August
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement