Artistic Group Sets Up “War Survival Kits” in Sofia
The Destructive Creation artistic group set up “war survival kits” at three places in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
The red box contains bread, salt and a gas mask.
According to the facebook page of Destructive Creation, who had previously painted the statues of the Soviet Army monument in Sofia as US comic characters and dressed the main statues of the Mound of Brothers monument in Sofia as a martenitsa, wrote that the kit was suitable for “the proper welcoming” of whoever and whatever. The art installation was provoked by the rising tensions between the West and Russia.
“If there is a war between NATO and Russia, we would have to wear gas masks,” the people of Destructive Creaton told the Bulgarian OFFNews website. “Then we would need the bread and salt to welcome the winner.”
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Gov't Mulls Changing Falcon Plane after Failure
- » Gov't Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport