Reformist Block Refers Government Decision On Karadere To Prosecution
The Reformist Block referred the government decision to give priority to construction of a resort in Karadere to the prosecution..
The coalition also demanded the resignation of Economy Minister Dragomir Stoinev.
According to the coalition, the project was in violation of the Limiting of Offshore Companies Act, recently passed by Parliament.
The Reformist Block insists that prosecution checks whether there was an administrative violation or a crime by an official with the suggestion that the Black Sea Eco Garden Resort project of the Madara Europe company be granted a priority status.
The Offshore Act stipulates that an offshore company may apply for a “priority investor” status after it has registered the actual owners of the company in the Trade Registry. In the Madara Europe case, the company did so five days after it got the priority status.
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Third Deputy Justice Minister
- » Bulgaria's Last King Says He Won't Run for President
- » Bulgarian President Refers Six-Point Referendum to Constitutional Court
- » Bulgaria PM Says He Cannot Be 'That Useful' as President
- » Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
- » Bulgarian MPs Propose Relaxing Restrictions for Voters Abroad