Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » IMF Disburses Loan Tranche to Ukraine but Says Fighting Poses Risk
- » Rasmussen: NATO Will Respect Ukraine’s Potential Decision to Join
- » EU May File WTO Complaint over Russia's Food Embargo
- » UNHCR: Syrian Refugees Top 3 Million
- » 5.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rattles Southern Greece
- » Recep Erdogan Inaugurated As Turkey's President