Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Russian Opposition Leader Navalny Briefly Held Ahead of March Election
- » Johannes Hahn: EU to Back Starting Entry Talks With Albania, Republic of Macedonia
- » Grenade Thrown at U.S. Embassy in Montenegro
- » Erdogan Ordered the Infidelity to be Forbidden by Law
- » Macron is Planning Tougher Rules on Asylum in France
- » Greece-Macedonia Name Row Edging Towards Solution, Says Merkel