Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Turkey Declares Day of Coup Attempt Public Holiday
- » EU Parliament Backs Introduction of Monitoring Mechanism on All Member States
- » Montenegro's Djukanovic Not Up for New PM Term after Elections
- » Turkey's Cavusoglu: Ground Operation in Iraq Is Possible If Turkey Is Threatened
- » Greece To Receive EUR 2.8 B Tranche Under Third Bailout Programme
- » Explosion Rocks Antalya Chamber of Commerce