Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Gazprom Paid USD 1 B to Eni, EDF, Wintershall for 50% Stake in South Stream
- » Greece Said to Be Seeking Gas Price Cut, Lifting of Food Ban from Russia
- » Shootout Outside US NSA Building Appears ‘Local Criminal Matter’
- » One Shot Dead, One Injured in Gate-Crashing Attack at US’ NSA HQ
- » Two Injured at US’ National Security Agency HQ Gates, Shots Fired - Reports
- » British Parliament Dissolved as Election Campaign Begins