Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Spain's Top Court Halts Catalan Independence Referendum
- » Turkish MPs to Decide on Green Light to Syria, Iraq Intervention
- » Caspian Sea Countries Adopt Cooperation Agreement
- » EU-IMF Troika Returs to Greece for Final Audit
- » Afghanistan's New President Sworn In
- » Ukraine-EU Association Agreement to Be Enforced in 2016