Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Death Toll in Nepal Quake Nearing 4,000
- » EU Resists Kiev’s Calls to Send Military Mission to Eastern Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds to Help Quake-Hit Nepal People
- » South Korean PM Resigns over Bribery Accusations
- » Poland Denies Entry of Russian Night Wolves Bikers
- » Missing Bulgarian Student in Nepal Is Well, Contacts Parents