Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » One Hostage Dead in Church Siege in Normandy
- » Erdogan, Putin to Meet in Two Weeks
- » Ansbach Attacker 'Had Islamist Videos, Addressed IS'
- » Juncker Says Turkey 'In No Position' to be EU Member
- » Suicide Blast Outside Music Festival in Germany Leaves 12 Injured
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe