Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Russia 'Not EU's Strategic Partner Anymore' - Mogherini
- » Turkey Summons US Charge d'Affaires over Spying Report
- » Ukraine Soldiers, Rebels Clash at Luhansk Airport
- » Five Killed in Plane Crash in US Colorado
- » EU Leaders Give Russia 7 Days to Reverse Course in Ukraine or Face New Sanctions
- » NATO to Set up 10,000-Strong Force in Response to Ukraine Crisis