Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People
- » Spain to Hold Early Election in June amid Political Deadlock