Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot