Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Serbia, Albania to Build EUR 1 B Nis-Durres Motorway
- » US Officially Takes Cuba Off State-Sponsored Terrorism List
- » Russia Issues Travel Ban on 89 EU Politicians
- » EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to Visit Macedonia Tuesday
- » False Bomb Threat Fails to Disrupt FIFA Congress
- » Serbian PM Expresses Readiness to Reduce Country's Dependence on Russian Gas