Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Istanbul Nightclub Attack: Turkish Police Arrest Suspect
- » Turkey’s Deputy PM: Intelligence Organisation Partook in Istanbul Attack
- » Romania’s Ex President Charged With Crimes Against Humanity
- » 3 People Wounded in Explosion in Turkey's Diyarbakır
- » 80% of Syrian Refugees To Remain in Turkey
- » Belgrade Could Turn Into "New Calais"