Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Women Serving in Turkish Army Allowed To Wear Islamic Headdress
- » Tension Between Greece, Turkey in Aegean Sea
- » EU To Put End To Tax Avoidance by MNCs
- » Juncker: Great Britain Will Pay Stiff Price for Brexit
- » First Express Train from Istanbul Arrives in Sofia
- » 3 EU Countries Demand That Lower-Quality Foods Not Be Sold in Eastern Europe