Russian PM Medvedev Visits Crimea
Russia’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev is in the Crimean capital Simferopol on Monday.
This is the highest ranking Russian official to visit the autonomous region, since the referendum on March 16, when Crimea voted to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Medvedev will chair a meeting on social and economic development of Crimea and Sevastopol, ITAR-TASS reports. It is believed that he will also discuss the next steps in the incorporation of the region in to the Russian Federation.
- » Ukraine Could See Exports Rise Under Deal with EU
- » Ukraine Parliament Adopts Donbass Self-Determination Bill
- » EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
- » Turkey Mulls Setting Up Buffer Zone Along Iraq, Syria Borders - President
- » Elderly Woman Dies in Flood-Hit Eastern Serbia
- » Lufthansa Pilots Call Off Tuesday Strike