Grigor Dimitrov Reaches New Ranking High
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov has reached a record high 15th place in the tennis ATP world rankings.
The 22-year-old youngster from Haskovo moves one spot above his previous 16th place, following the tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami.
Dimitrov is currently preparing for the national team match against Greece in the Davis Cup, which will be held in Athens from April 4 to 6. After that, he will participate in the first clay court tournament of the year, in Monte Carlo.
Bulgaria’s top female player Tsvetana Pironkova climbs 5 places, to number 42 in the WTA rankings, following her qualification for the third round in Miami.
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship