560kg of Marijuana Intercepted at Bulgaria's Ilinden Border Crossing
A total of 560kg of high-quality marijuana were seized from a Romanian semi-trailer truck at Bulgaria's Ilinden border crossing point.
The inspection was part of a series of joint operations of the Customs Agency and the Interior Ministry conducted in the period March 10-24, according to the press office of the Interior.
The truck was inspected on March 15 at the entry point of the Ilinden border crossing point at the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The papers indicated that the vehicle was carrying plastic boxes for ice cream to be delivered to a Romanian company.
The inspection discovered cartons and packs containing a grassy substance in the mid section of the truck.
The tests showed that the packs contained high-quality marijuana worth over BGN 3 M
The case was referred to the regional prosecutor's office in the southwestern town of Gotse Delchev.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna