560kg of Marijuana Intercepted at Bulgaria's Ilinden Border Crossing
A total of 560kg of high-quality marijuana were seized from a Romanian semi-trailer truck at Bulgaria's Ilinden border crossing point.
The inspection was part of a series of joint operations of the Customs Agency and the Interior Ministry conducted in the period March 10-24, according to the press office of the Interior.
The truck was inspected on March 15 at the entry point of the Ilinden border crossing point at the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The papers indicated that the vehicle was carrying plastic boxes for ice cream to be delivered to a Romanian company.
The inspection discovered cartons and packs containing a grassy substance in the mid section of the truck.
The tests showed that the packs contained high-quality marijuana worth over BGN 3 M
The case was referred to the regional prosecutor's office in the southwestern town of Gotse Delchev.
- » Corpse of a Woman Without Head, Arms and Legs was Found in Copenhagen
- » Customs Officers Discovered Nearly 1kg of Contraband Gold Jewelry in a Secret Compartment of a Truck
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast