Mexican Authorities Find 370 Abandoned Migrant Children in 1 Week
Authorities in Mexico announced they had rescued 370 migrant children who had apparently been abandoned by traffickers paid to take them to the United States.
Mexico's National Migration Institute (INM) said in a statement on Saturday that the children had been found in the period March 17-24 on the territory of 14 Mexican states.
A total of 163 of them were under 18 years of age and were traveling alone, according to the INM, as cited by the Voice of America.
The children told officials that the traffickers had been paid USD 3000 – 5000 before abandoning them.
The authorities in Mexico reported that nine traffickers had been arrested in connection with the case.
The statement of the INM also informed that the children had shown signs of extreme fatigue, foot injuries, dehydration and disorientation.
- » Presidents of Bulgaria, Albania Discuss Energy, Transport Links
- » Turkey Claims Second Russian Fighter Aircraft Violated Its Airspace
- » NATO Condemns Russian Violations of Turkish Airspace
- » NATO to Discuss Violation of Turkish Airspace by Russian Fighter Jet
- » Majority of EU Countries Move to Ban Growing GM Crops - Greenpeace
- » Greek Government to Present Draft 2016 Budget, Policy Programme to Parliament