Yanukovych Expelled from His Party
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been expelled from the Party of Regions, together with other former figures of the country's leadership.
The Party of Regions of Ukraine has deprived Viktor Yanukovych of party membership based on his application. The decision was made at a party congress held behind closed doors on Saturday, The Voice of Russia radio reported.
Other expelled members include former Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, ex-Deputy PM Serhiy Arbuzov, Donetsk regional council head Andriy Shyshatsky, and former Incomes and Revenues Minister Oleksandr Klymenko.
Yanukovych fled Ukraine over a month ago amidst violent anti-government protests, and has since given several speeches from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don.
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Wanted to Make His Name Known Worldwide
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Hid Mental Illness from Employer - Prosecutors
- » Turkish President Erdogan Pledges Support for Saudi Arabia Military Operation