Yanukovych Expelled from His Party
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been expelled from the Party of Regions, together with other former figures of the country's leadership.
The Party of Regions of Ukraine has deprived Viktor Yanukovych of party membership based on his application. The decision was made at a party congress held behind closed doors on Saturday, The Voice of Russia radio reported.
Other expelled members include former Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, ex-Deputy PM Serhiy Arbuzov, Donetsk regional council head Andriy Shyshatsky, and former Incomes and Revenues Minister Oleksandr Klymenko.
Yanukovych fled Ukraine over a month ago amidst violent anti-government protests, and has since given several speeches from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don.
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With
- » Air Algerie Plane Wreck Found In Mali
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing