Yanukovych Expelled from His Party
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been expelled from the Party of Regions, together with other former figures of the country's leadership.
The Party of Regions of Ukraine has deprived Viktor Yanukovych of party membership based on his application. The decision was made at a party congress held behind closed doors on Saturday, The Voice of Russia radio reported.
Other expelled members include former Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, ex-Deputy PM Serhiy Arbuzov, Donetsk regional council head Andriy Shyshatsky, and former Incomes and Revenues Minister Oleksandr Klymenko.
Yanukovych fled Ukraine over a month ago amidst violent anti-government protests, and has since given several speeches from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don.
- » UK Publishes More EU Negotiation Plans
- » French Presidency Gives Official Role to Brigitte Macron
- » The Romanina Coastal Guard Detained a Boat Carrying 70 Refugees
- » Moroccan Imam at Centre of Spain Terror Cell Had Links with Madrid Bombers and Belgium
- » Turkey and Iran are Planning an Attack on Kurds
- » US to Curb Issuance of Non-Immigrant Visas in Russia