Yanukovych Expelled from His Party
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has been expelled from the Party of Regions, together with other former figures of the country's leadership.
The Party of Regions of Ukraine has deprived Viktor Yanukovych of party membership based on his application. The decision was made at a party congress held behind closed doors on Saturday, The Voice of Russia radio reported.
Other expelled members include former Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, ex-Deputy PM Serhiy Arbuzov, Donetsk regional council head Andriy Shyshatsky, and former Incomes and Revenues Minister Oleksandr Klymenko.
Yanukovych fled Ukraine over a month ago amidst violent anti-government protests, and has since given several speeches from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don.
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order