Grigor Dimitrov: I'm Working on my Physical Endurance
Bulgarian tennis star Grigor Dimitrov was in Sofia on Saturday, where he gave a press briefing, after holding a training session for young talents at the Maleevi Tennis Club
"Every morning, you must wake up with a positive thought, with a high goal. Persistence is the formula for success. You must give the best of yourself at all times", Dimitrov told the aspiring kids.
"My preparation for the new season was one of the most difficult and intense. I have been working out in the gym much more, to build my fittness. It's hard, being on the court 4-5 hours each day. I am trying to become more physically fit, to last in longer matches", the 22-year-old from Haskovo told the press.
Dimitrov added that the constant travels are not affecting his personal life, and all this is part of his job, on which he must remain focused. The youngster said that he is usually quite self-critical, but is also proud of what he has achieved so far.
From April 4-6, Grigor will take part in the Davis Cup match against Greece in Athens. After that, he will prepare for the clay court tournaments, in the leadup to the French Open.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier