Youth Unemployment Drops on Monthly Basis - Bulgaria's Social Min
The problem of youth unemployment in Bulgaria remains serious, but still there is an optimistic trend, according to Social Minister Hasan Ademov.
More than 6100 young people have started work since the beginning of 2014, 1300 are part of the subsidized employment, and more than 2200 people have been included in activities performed by municipalities under the National Youth Employment Program.
Young people represent 24% of all who became employed in Jan-Feb 2014, Bulgarian Cross Agency reports.
"Steps have been taken for the practical implementation of the EU Youth Guarantee scheme. The number of unemployed young people by end-February has dropped by 1.9% to 18.9% which is a continuous downward trend in the last 9 months," Minister Ademov announced.
Internship programs will be launched in April, providing job opportunities for many young people, Ademov added.
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Outgoing Justice Minister Calls for Consensus on Priority Goals
- » Trade Union: ¼ of Bulgarian Households Below Poverty Threshold
- » Fatal Traffic Accidents in Bulgaria See Dramatic Increase – Expert
- » Child Beggars in Bulgaria's Capital 'Numbering 400'
- » Firefighters Protest in Varna