Jens Stoltenberg To Be Next NATO Chief
The NATO member states have agreed that the ex-prime minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg will be the next NATO Secretary-General.
Several diplomats told Reuters earlier this week that Stoltenberg, who served for a total of nearly 10 years as Norway's prime minister before losing power in elections last September, has the backing of the United States, NATO's dominant power, and Germany. A number of other countries were also rallying around his candidacy.
Earlier this week British prime minister David Cameron said in parliament Stoltenberg was a very strong candidacy.
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen is due to step down later this year.
- » UK Publishes More EU Negotiation Plans
- » French Presidency Gives Official Role to Brigitte Macron
- » The Romanina Coastal Guard Detained a Boat Carrying 70 Refugees
- » Moroccan Imam at Centre of Spain Terror Cell Had Links with Madrid Bombers and Belgium
- » Turkey and Iran are Planning an Attack on Kurds
- » US to Curb Issuance of Non-Immigrant Visas in Russia