Jens Stoltenberg To Be Next NATO Chief
The NATO member states have agreed that the ex-prime minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg will be the next NATO Secretary-General.
Several diplomats told Reuters earlier this week that Stoltenberg, who served for a total of nearly 10 years as Norway's prime minister before losing power in elections last September, has the backing of the United States, NATO's dominant power, and Germany. A number of other countries were also rallying around his candidacy.
Earlier this week British prime minister David Cameron said in parliament Stoltenberg was a very strong candidacy.
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen is due to step down later this year.
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
- » EU Leaders 'Green-Light' Internal Preparations for Brexit Trade Talks
- » Spanish Government Aims for January Regional Elections in Catalonia
- » North Korea will soon Improve its Nuclear Program, said the CIA Chief