Jens Stoltenberg To Be Next NATO Chief
The NATO member states have agreed that the ex-prime minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg will be the next NATO Secretary-General.
Several diplomats told Reuters earlier this week that Stoltenberg, who served for a total of nearly 10 years as Norway's prime minister before losing power in elections last September, has the backing of the United States, NATO's dominant power, and Germany. A number of other countries were also rallying around his candidacy.
Earlier this week British prime minister David Cameron said in parliament Stoltenberg was a very strong candidacy.
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen is due to step down later this year.
- » Gazprom Targets 5% Rise in Gas Exports to Europe in 2015
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zoran Zaev to Visit Bulgaria Friday - SDSM
- » Venezuela Says Agrees with Russia on USD 14 B Investment in Oil/Gas Sector
- » FIFA President Blatter Shows No Intention to Resign as Pressure Builds Up
- » UK Set on Quitting EU if Reforms Are Not Effective
- » Serbian, Albanian PMs Agree to Disagree on Kosovo, Seek Closer Cooperation