Jens Stoltenberg To Be Next NATO Chief
The NATO member states have agreed that the ex-prime minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg will be the next NATO Secretary-General.
Several diplomats told Reuters earlier this week that Stoltenberg, who served for a total of nearly 10 years as Norway's prime minister before losing power in elections last September, has the backing of the United States, NATO's dominant power, and Germany. A number of other countries were also rallying around his candidacy.
Earlier this week British prime minister David Cameron said in parliament Stoltenberg was a very strong candidacy.
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen is due to step down later this year.
- » UN: Bulgaria is in the Group of Developed Economies, But not the Rich
- » Nato Reappoints Jens Stoltenberg as Chief Until 2020
- » By 2020: 50% of the World's Electric Vehicles will be in China
- » Google Forwards more Traffic to Media Outlets than Facebook
- » After more than 2 Years of Delay, the Tallest Building in China is Now Open
- » Over 300 Flights were Canceled at Brussels Airport