Bulgaria 2nd Most Preferred Destination Among Turkish Tourists
Bulgaria ranks second after Georgia as the most preferred destination among Turkish residents, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute data.
A total of 7.5 million Turkish citizens traveled abroad in 2013, where they spent USD 5.3M, the statistics showed, cited by the Turkish Haberler.
The most popular destinations in the previous year were Georgia with 15.6%, followed by Bulgaria which was preferred by 8.8% of the visitors, Greece with 8%, Azerbaijan - 4.9% and Germany- 4.2%.
Some 43% of all trips abroad were by plane, 50% - by land transport, and 7% - by train or by sea. On average Turkish residents stayed abroad per 13.1 nights.
The purpose of the trips was mainly tourism, recreation, sports or cultural activities.
- » Bulgaria to Negotiate Easing of Visa Regime for Balkan Tourists
- » Bansko Declared Bulgaria’s Best Winter Resort in 2014 World Ski Awards
- » Bulgaria Should Be Year-Round Tourist Destination – Minister
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Expects 4-5% Growth This Winter
- » Bulgaria to Offer Combined Tour Packages with Neighboring Balkan Countries
- » UK Skiing Holiday Maker Praises Bulgaria's Bansko