Bulgaria 2nd Most Preferred Destination Among Turkish Tourists
Bulgaria ranks second after Georgia as the most preferred destination among Turkish residents, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute data.
A total of 7.5 million Turkish citizens traveled abroad in 2013, where they spent USD 5.3M, the statistics showed, cited by the Turkish Haberler.
The most popular destinations in the previous year were Georgia with 15.6%, followed by Bulgaria which was preferred by 8.8% of the visitors, Greece with 8%, Azerbaijan - 4.9% and Germany- 4.2%.
Some 43% of all trips abroad were by plane, 50% - by land transport, and 7% - by train or by sea. On average Turkish residents stayed abroad per 13.1 nights.
The purpose of the trips was mainly tourism, recreation, sports or cultural activities.
- » Bulgaria Loses 1M Turkish Tourists a Year due to Cumbersome Visa Issuance Process
- » Bulgarians Complete More Holiday Trips, Excursions Abroad in June
- » Balkan Holidays To Launch Glasgow-Varna Flights Next Summer
- » Bulgarian Couple Hitch-hikes to India in 511 Days
- » Low-Cost Carrier easyJet Launches Sofia-London Stansted Flights in Winter
- » Bulgaria Ranks Among Top 3 Most Popular Destinations for TUI Russia This Summer