Bulgaria 2nd Most Preferred Destination Among Turkish Tourists
Bulgaria ranks second after Georgia as the most preferred destination among Turkish residents, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute data.
A total of 7.5 million Turkish citizens traveled abroad in 2013, where they spent USD 5.3M, the statistics showed, cited by the Turkish Haberler.
The most popular destinations in the previous year were Georgia with 15.6%, followed by Bulgaria which was preferred by 8.8% of the visitors, Greece with 8%, Azerbaijan - 4.9% and Germany- 4.2%.
Some 43% of all trips abroad were by plane, 50% - by land transport, and 7% - by train or by sea. On average Turkish residents stayed abroad per 13.1 nights.
The purpose of the trips was mainly tourism, recreation, sports or cultural activities.
- » Dutch Transavia To Launch Sofia-Amsterdam Flights
- » Sofia Attracts Over 500,000 Tourists So Far in 2016
- » Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Is Becoming All-Inclusive Destination
- » Hoteliers Obliged To Maintain Tourist Register
- » Tourism Minister Declares 2016 Most Successful Year in Last 25 Years