Bulgaria 2nd Most Preferred Destination Among Turkish Tourists
Bulgaria ranks second after Georgia as the most preferred destination among Turkish residents, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute data.
A total of 7.5 million Turkish citizens traveled abroad in 2013, where they spent USD 5.3M, the statistics showed, cited by the Turkish Haberler.
The most popular destinations in the previous year were Georgia with 15.6%, followed by Bulgaria which was preferred by 8.8% of the visitors, Greece with 8%, Azerbaijan - 4.9% and Germany- 4.2%.
Some 43% of all trips abroad were by plane, 50% - by land transport, and 7% - by train or by sea. On average Turkish residents stayed abroad per 13.1 nights.
The purpose of the trips was mainly tourism, recreation, sports or cultural activities.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure