Yanukovych Calls for Referendums in All of Ukraine's Regions
Ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has called for referendums to be held across the country.
Yanukovych has said that "every region" should determine its status within Ukraine, as Russia's ITAR-TASS agency quoted him as saying.
His suggestions remind some aspects of Russia's proposals to Kiev, according to which a federal constitution should be introduced in Ukraine to give more freedom to its different regions.
The ousted President, who was removed from power and left the country after prolonged violence across Ukraine, believes regional polls should take place instead of early presidential elections, as this will help "to stabilize the political situation and to preserve Ukraine's sovereignty and integrity."
He also warned against risks of "pretenders" misusing Ukrainian people's trust and repeated his stance that an "armed coup" has been conducted in Kiev when the new leadership came to power in end-February.
After being ousted and declared illegitimate by Ukraine's Parliament, Yanukovych fled the country and is reported to be in Russia.
Moscow is refusing to handle him to Ukrainian authorities (not recognized by the Kremlin), which have launched trials on various charges against him.
Yanukovych has even repeatedly claimed he still considers himself to be President. Russia's head of state Vladimir Putin nevertheless announced some weeks ago that "Yanukovych has no political future".
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
- » Two Top Generals Resign in Turkey before Supreme Council Meeting
- » Putin Incorporates Crimea into Southern Federal District
- » EU Could Block Turkish Stream Construction - Ukrainian Official
- » Macedonia President: Balkan Terror Attacks Should Not Be Ruled Out
My Lord, the collective Impulsive Insanity of "Tania-the-Gorgon" & "je suis «BIT harsh?» Prosecutor"
- and can I talk to "je-suis-procureur/prosecutor"?
- oh, yes, he has replaced "Napoleon" in the ward №6, there is also "Tania-the-Gorgon" there......the two raving lunatics. A sweet couple. Be careful.
perhaps this filthy thieving KGB puppet could also give us his views on whether every region of the Russian union would like to have a referendum on being an autonomous state? I think there's plenty of areas who would want to be away from Tsar Putin and the KGB's control.