Bulgaria's Construction and Retail Trade Stay Strong in March
Bulgaria's total business climate indicator has increased by 1.2% in March due to the improved business climate in construction and retail trade.
The business climate in industry indicator decreases by 1.3% in comparison with February due to the more unfavorable managers' assessments regarding the present business situation of the enterprises, according to the latest data released by Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
There is a slight improvement of managers' assessments as regards the production activity. The uncertain economic environment and the insufficient domestic demands continue to be the main factors, pointed out by the industrial entrepreneurs as an obstacle for the development of their business. Concerning the selling prices in industry the prevailing managers' expectations are for preservation of their level over the next 3 months.
In March the composite indicator "business climate in construction" increased by 1.5%, which is due to the improved construction entrepreneurs' expectations about the business situation of the enterprises over the next 6 months. Their forecasts regarding the construction activity over the next 3 months are also favorable.
The business climate in retail trade recorded an increase by 7.0% compared to the previous month. The majority of the retailers expect the selling prices to preserve over the next 3 months.
The business climate in service sector index has preserved its levels from February. As regards the demand for services the present tendency is estimated as slightly reduced, while the expectations over the next 3 months are more optimistic.
- » Macedonia Crisis Linked to Fate of Turkish Stream, Russia’s EU Envoy Says
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Warns of Fake BGN 2 Notes
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Reports Surplus of BGN 1 066.6 M by end-April 2015
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Over 10 000 Jobs Were Created in Plants Opened in Past Few Days
- » DSK Bank, CIBANK to Provide Revolving Loan of BGN 80 M to Bulgaria’s FLAG Fund
- » Bulgaria’s Fuel Production, Imports Increase Substantially in March