Bulgaria, Israel to Further Foster Close Ties
Bilateral relations between Bulgaria and the State of Israel have deepened over the past years, according to Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin.
"Our friendship lies on deep historic roots, which we are now further developing for the people of our nations", Vigenin commented.
On Thursday, he met with his Israeli counterpart Avigdor Lieberman in Sofia. The two ministers discussed the next steps in enhancing the dialogue between their countries, including the possibility of bilateral political consultations and an expected first session of the Intergovernmental Committee for Economic Partnership.
Minister Vigenin sees attracting Israeli investments in high technology, medical equipment, and agriculture, as priorities for Bulgaria.
"There are very positive developments in the area of tourism, but the potential is still bigger, so I hope it can be used effectively", Vigenin said.
The two foreign ministers also exchanged views on the Middle East conflicts and the post-Arab spring transitions. Ukraine was also a topic on their agenda.
- » Turkey Commemorates Holocaust Victims
- » UK Ambassador: Bulgaria PM Borisov 'Unique Man, Unique PM'
- » How Bulgaria Performed in 2014: Diplomats' Point of View
- » France to Become Bolder, More Active in Fighting Еxtremism - Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Seven EU Ambassadors Raise Concerns over Court Resignation Demands
- » Pedro Pablo San Jorge: Bulgaria Could Play Important Role in Cuba-EU Relations