Bulgaria, Israel to Further Foster Close Ties
Bilateral relations between Bulgaria and the State of Israel have deepened over the past years, according to Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin.
"Our friendship lies on deep historic roots, which we are now further developing for the people of our nations", Vigenin commented.
On Thursday, he met with his Israeli counterpart Avigdor Lieberman in Sofia. The two ministers discussed the next steps in enhancing the dialogue between their countries, including the possibility of bilateral political consultations and an expected first session of the Intergovernmental Committee for Economic Partnership.
Minister Vigenin sees attracting Israeli investments in high technology, medical equipment, and agriculture, as priorities for Bulgaria.
"There are very positive developments in the area of tourism, but the potential is still bigger, so I hope it can be used effectively", Vigenin said.
The two foreign ministers also exchanged views on the Middle East conflicts and the post-Arab spring transitions. Ukraine was also a topic on their agenda.
- » Süleyman Gökçe: Evidence against Gulen Will Be Shared to Best Possible Extent
- » Bulgaria Should Support Turkey's Demand for EU Visa Waiver - Ambassador
- » Gülen Organization 'Has Schools in Bulgaria' - Turkish Ambassador
- » UK 'Hopes to Defend' Rights of Bulgarians
- » Turkey's Envoy to Bulgaria: Arrests of Judges 'Planned' Before Coup
- » Four Ambassadors to Bulgaria Awarded Stara Planina Orders