Bulgaria, Israel to Further Foster Close Ties
Bilateral relations between Bulgaria and the State of Israel have deepened over the past years, according to Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin.
"Our friendship lies on deep historic roots, which we are now further developing for the people of our nations", Vigenin commented.
On Thursday, he met with his Israeli counterpart Avigdor Lieberman in Sofia. The two ministers discussed the next steps in enhancing the dialogue between their countries, including the possibility of bilateral political consultations and an expected first session of the Intergovernmental Committee for Economic Partnership.
Minister Vigenin sees attracting Israeli investments in high technology, medical equipment, and agriculture, as priorities for Bulgaria.
"There are very positive developments in the area of tourism, but the potential is still bigger, so I hope it can be used effectively", Vigenin said.
The two foreign ministers also exchanged views on the Middle East conflicts and the post-Arab spring transitions. Ukraine was also a topic on their agenda.
- » Latifa Akharbach: Bulgaria, Africa Have Many Opportunities to Seize Together
- » Georgia FM: Visa Liberalization Will Provide Reward for Reforms
- » New UK Ambassador to Bulgaria Calls for Judicial Reform, Crackdown on Corruption
- » Turkey Ambassador Blames Bulgaria for Gas Link Delay
- » New UK Ambassador Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Egypt to Co-organize Tourism Conference in Cairo