Upcoming Registration Deadlines for Bulgaria’s EU Elections
Bulgarians who wish to vote on the European elections from their current address of residency as opposed to their permanent one, must specify so by May 10.
This has to be done through a written request to the respective municipality or town hall, Dnevnik.bg informs.
For the European Parliament elections on May 25, Bulgarian citizens who have turned 18 years of age and have been living for at least the past 3 months in the country or another EU member state are eligible to vote.
Persons with disabilities, who wish to vote, but cannot make it to the polling stations, must specify so in by May 4. This can be done also electronically, at the websites of the municipalities.
Regarding the registration of candidates for MEPs, the deadline for parties and coalitions is April 9. Committees planning to nominate independent candidates must do so by April 14. The final lists for the Eurovote will be confirmed on April 22.
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session
- » EU Leaders Back Jean-Claude Juncker as EU Commission President