Bulgaria's CPC Accuses Bulgargaz Of Abuse Of Dominant Position
Bulgaria's Competition Protection Commission (CPC) accused the natural gas distributor Bulgargaz of abuse of dominant position.
According to CPC, between August 2010 and end of 2012 Bulgargaz hindered competition and infringed customers' interests by forcing its clients to extend their contracts without the option to re-negotiate the conditions.
In this period Bulgargaz unilaterally set conditions, without which the contracts could not be extended, without providing any rights to it customers.
According to CPC “the company exploited its customers” as there is no alternative public provider of natural gas.
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Russian Gas Pipeline To Greece Might Pass Through Bulgaria - Alexander Novak
- » Bulgaria's Ex-President Backs Russian Pipeline via Country
- » EU Commission Backs Construction of Bulgaria's "Balkan" Gas Hub
- » EU Energy Commissioner to Arrive on Two-Day Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Can Use South Stream Project Co.’s Assets in Planned Gas Hub - Energy Minister