Bulgaria's CPC Accuses Bulgargaz Of Abuse Of Dominant Position
Bulgaria's Competition Protection Commission (CPC) accused the natural gas distributor Bulgargaz of abuse of dominant position.
According to CPC, between August 2010 and end of 2012 Bulgargaz hindered competition and infringed customers' interests by forcing its clients to extend their contracts without the option to re-negotiate the conditions.
In this period Bulgargaz unilaterally set conditions, without which the contracts could not be extended, without providing any rights to it customers.
According to CPC “the company exploited its customers” as there is no alternative public provider of natural gas.
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Approves EUR 600 M for Belene
- » OPEC Agrees on Oil Output Reduction
- » EDF 'Made Offer to Invest in Bulgaria's Belene Plant'- Nuclear Group
- » Ten Days to Go Before Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia
- » Western Investor 'Eyes Belene Nuclear Plant' - ex-Energy Min
- » European Commissioner Shevchovich To Lay Groundwork for Gas Talks in Moscow