New EU Program to Cover Energy-Efficient Building Costs in Bulgaria
Some 25% of buildings can become energy efficient by 2020 if Bulgaria absorbs the next programming period funds, according to Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva.
The new operational program for regional development provides EUR 262M for energy efficiency, which will cover 100% of the costs for administrative buildings and 75% for residential buildings, Minister Terzieva said at a press conference, cited by Bulgaria's News Agency.
She pointed out that EUR 220M will be granted under the new educational infrastructure program. About EUR 84M will be allocated to health system infrastructure, the amount that is allocated to social infrastructure comes up to about EUR 214M. Some EUR 127M will be given for tourism development.
Bulgaria's regional road infrastructure will receive a boost of EUR 194.5M, Terzieva said, adding that the successful completion of major road projects is among the priorities of the Regional Development Ministry. Among these are the new programming period preparation, the improvement of second and third class roads, the introduction of intelligent transport systems and increased control over the quality of construction.
The projects stipulated in the new programming period are for the rehabilitation of nearly 700 kilometers of 1st, 2nd and 3rd class roads. New roads will be built with funds allocated under the new Regional Development operational program, as well, Terzieva informed.
- » Bulgaria Set to Open Soon Licensing Round for Black Sea Oil, Gas - Reuters
- » Turkish Stream Route Might Be Extended - Russia Energy Min
- » Bulgaria's Energy Minister Mulls Levying Energy Exports
- » Russia Likely to End Gas Transit via Ukraine in 2019
- » Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Shuts for Annual Overhaul
- » Framework Power Price Deal with Bulgaria Is ‘Win-Win Proposition’, AES Says