President Putin's Rating of Approval Reaches Historic Heights
Russian President Vladimir Putin's approval rating has reached a new historic maximum of 82.3% in end-March, according to an independent pollster.
The majority of Russians believe the country is heading in the right direction, results of a sociological survey conducted by the All-Russia Public Opinion Research Center showed, cited by Itar-Tass news agency.
According to the poll, public support for Putin has increased by 8% mainly due to Crimea's accession in Russia and the situation in Ukraine, as 71% of respondents named these events, sociologists said.
Approval of President Putin's work has grown sharply among residents of Moscow and St. Petersburg and has reached a record level of 81.5% for the last week in the last six years.
Rating of ruling United Russia party has also increased in the last few months reaching the highest level of 56.2% for the last five years.
The nationwide poll was conducted on 22-23 March among 1,600 people in 42 regions.
- » How can you Visit the Newly Found Continent Zealand?
- » Catalonia Scares Madrid with Civil Disobedience
- » CIA Director: "Do not Ask Questions if Kim Suddenly Dies"
- » Russia is Considering Freezing its Membership of the European Court of Human Rights
- » The EP is Discussing a Report on Minimum Income in the EU
- » Islamic State Кilled at Least 128 People in Syrian Town