Plovdiv seeks to Attract Russia's Richest Man
World's richest Russian Alisher Usmanov might visit Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria's Fencing Federation announced.
The Federation's chief, Velichka Hristeva was quoted by Dariknews.bg as saying that Usmanov "might come to Plovdiv" to attend World's Cadet and Junior Fencing Championship due to take place between April 3 and April 12.
As many as 1376 players are to participate in the tournament, 36 of which are from Bulgaria. Uzbek-born Russian Usmanov, who is largely known in Europe as the owner of Arsenal, is considered by Forbes to be Russia's richest man with some USD 19.6 B as of December 2013, thus being also the world's 34th-richest person.
Apart from being the president of international fencing body FIE, Usmanov owns the Kommersant Publishing Houses and has a large share in Russian social media Vkontakte.
He is often described as "Kremlin's ally" in its struggle to tighten the grip over Russia.
- » Facebook Buys Weeks-Old App For Teens to be Nice to Each Other
- » Could Regulations Affect the Casino Industry in 2018
- » Get a FREE bet in today’s € 41 Million EuroMillions Draw!
- » Possible 30% Rise in the Prices of Tickets for the Public Transport in Burgas
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla