Plovdiv seeks to Attract Russia's Richest Man
World's richest Russian Alisher Usmanov might visit Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria's Fencing Federation announced.
The Federation's chief, Velichka Hristeva was quoted by Dariknews.bg as saying that Usmanov "might come to Plovdiv" to attend World's Cadet and Junior Fencing Championship due to take place between April 3 and April 12.
As many as 1376 players are to participate in the tournament, 36 of which are from Bulgaria. Uzbek-born Russian Usmanov, who is largely known in Europe as the owner of Arsenal, is considered by Forbes to be Russia's richest man with some USD 19.6 B as of December 2013, thus being also the world's 34th-richest person.
Apart from being the president of international fencing body FIE, Usmanov owns the Kommersant Publishing Houses and has a large share in Russian social media Vkontakte.
He is often described as "Kremlin's ally" in its struggle to tighten the grip over Russia.
- » Sales of New Cars in Bulgaria Increased by 55%
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » Google is Expanding its Artificial Intelligence in China
- » Free of Charge Ice Rink in Varna until mid January
- » Three Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Japan Intend to Start Production in Bulgaria
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin