Plovdiv seeks to Attract Russia's Richest Man
World's richest Russian Alisher Usmanov might visit Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria's Fencing Federation announced.
The Federation's chief, Velichka Hristeva was quoted by Dariknews.bg as saying that Usmanov "might come to Plovdiv" to attend World's Cadet and Junior Fencing Championship due to take place between April 3 and April 12.
As many as 1376 players are to participate in the tournament, 36 of which are from Bulgaria. Uzbek-born Russian Usmanov, who is largely known in Europe as the owner of Arsenal, is considered by Forbes to be Russia's richest man with some USD 19.6 B as of December 2013, thus being also the world's 34th-richest person.
Apart from being the president of international fencing body FIE, Usmanov owns the Kommersant Publishing Houses and has a large share in Russian social media Vkontakte.
He is often described as "Kremlin's ally" in its struggle to tighten the grip over Russia.
- » Moscow Launches Tender for Kamchiya Compound in Bulgaria
- » CERT Bulgaria Registered 737 Cyber Incidents in 2015
- » Assarel Medet Wins Bulgaria’s 2015 Investor of the Year Award
- » Bulgargaz Proposes to Cut Gas Price by One-fifth for Q2’2016
- » Ryanair Announces Four New Winter Routes from Sofia
- » Sofia Hosts 33rd Edition of Holiday & Spa International Tourist Fair