Bulgarian Irrigation Systems to Receive BGN 15M Boost
Bulgaria's government will allocate additional BGN 15M to Irrigation Systems company from the budget of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
The funding will prevent Irrigation Systems running out of power, and the risk of drainage coming to a halt across the country, as this could lead to flooding agricultural land, as well as towns and villages.
Hundreds of Irrigation Systems employees have been protesting across Bulgaria over the lack of salaries which have been delayed for more than 4 months, due to the huge debt accumulated by company amounting to BGN 25 M.
The company owes some BGN 2 M to Bulgarian power distributors, which have warned of cutting electricity supply.
The additional funding will be allocated for salaries and for the better management of the company's sites and facilities, a press release of the government said.
"Despite being in a critical state, the company continues to perform its main duties, including the maintenance of 21 dams," Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov claimed.
- » Bulgaria’s Pleven Opens Tender for Construction of Integrated Water Cycle
- » Chinese Investors Interested in Black Sea Motorway Construction
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Asks Bulgarian Socialist Party to Stop Speculations About Tsankov Kamak
- » Gazprom Has Increased Its Supplies to Bulgaria by 11%
- » EU Citizens will not Need Visas to Visit UK After Brexit
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Egypt in the Sphere of Tourism