Personality in the News 2013 Awards to be Held Monday
The annual awards ceremony for Novinite's "Personality in the News" will take place on Monday, March 31, at the Ceremonial Hall of the Sofia University.
"Personality in the News 2013" attracted a record number of votes in the online poll, which for a first year was combined between the English language (novinite.com), the Bulgarian language (novinite.bg), and the Russian language (novinite.ru) versions.
There were a total of 7 winners in 6 categories, with a very tight race in the Business section, ending in a tie between ABB country manager Ekkehard Neureither and founder of Walltopia, Ivaylo Penchev.
The ceremony will be attended by the winner in the Politics category, H.E. Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO.
Japan's Ambassador to Sofia, Takashi Koizumi, topped the vote in the Diplomacy category, tennis star Griogor Dimitrov grabs the Sports honor, while violinist Vesko Eschkenazy received the most votes in Culture.
Dobri Dobrev, known as "The Elder Dobri", is the winner in the Charity section, but also with the most votes from all participants, 3 881.
The awards ceremony at the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" will begin at 12:30 pm.
- » Bulgarian Govt Halts Restoration of Ancient Serdica Site in Sofia
- » Tickets for 2015 Junior Eurovision Go on Sale in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Steam Locomotive to Pull Its First Train after Restoration
- » Bulgaria's Oscar Entry 'Unexpectedly Timely'
- » Pretrial Proceedings Launched over Bulgaria Nationalist Party Brawl