Bulgaria Among Leaders In Alerts For Dangerous Goods
Bulgaria is in the Top 5 of EU countries with most alerts for dangerous products, shows data of the Rapid Alert System for non-food dangerous products RAPEX.
Most alerts came from Hubgary – 12% of all, followed by Germany – 11%, Spain – 11%, Bulgaria – 8% and Great Britain – 6%.
The complaints from Bulgaria were 191 – mostly for clothes of low quality, shows the RAPEX data.
The majority of bad products in EU came from China and Turkey. Made in China were 64% of all goods. At the same time 15% of the low quality or dangerous products were from the EU. Two percent were from Germany and Italy, Bulgarian were 1%.
The RAPEX data shows that since 2012 the number of dangerous products made in the EU has been decreasing.
In 25% of the cases consumers complained from clothes and textile products, 25% from toys, 9% from electrical appliances, 7% from vehicles and 4% from cosmetic products.
The most frequent problems were injury (23%), choking (14%), electrical shock (12%) and suffocation (9%).
The total number of alerts for dangerous goods in EU in 2013 was 2364 and in 1981 of them the danger was considerable. For the 10 years since it was established, the number of complaints is increasing, RAPEX reports.
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » The $500 apple: Woman Fined For Failing to Declare Fruit She Was Given on Flight
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Fire in Karaoke Bar in Southern China Kills at least 18