Juncker Backs Minimum Wage across EU
European Commission President candidate Jean-Claude Juncker backed the idea of a minimum wage across the EU.
The center-right politician told Die Welt newspaper that EU rules on labor law an protection are also needed.
I wish that we could be led by this principle: A single minimum wage in all EU states, without EU meddling in the question of its amount. I consider minimum income [a measure] of urgent demand if one wants to maintain the EU's social system, Juncker said on Tuesday.
- » Germany Legalises Marijuana
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24
- » Bulgarian EP Deputies Adopt Common Stance Against Blockades in Greece
- » Belgium's CALL: Bulgaria Does Not Offer Migrants Good Conditions