Juncker Backs Minimum Wage across EU
European Commission President candidate Jean-Claude Juncker backed the idea of a minimum wage across the EU.
The center-right politician told Die Welt newspaper that EU rules on labor law an protection are also needed.
I wish that we could be led by this principle: A single minimum wage in all EU states, without EU meddling in the question of its amount. I consider minimum income [a measure] of urgent demand if one wants to maintain the EU's social system, Juncker said on Tuesday.
- » PKK Bombs Railway in Turkey's Kars, Police Kills Three Kurdish Rebels in Agri
- » Immigration is EU Citizens’ Main Concern – Survey
- » EU Extends EUR 91,000 to Help Macedonia Cope with Migrant Tide
- » Beijing to Host Winter Olympic Games in 2022
- » Attack on Police Station Leaves Two Turkish Officers, Two PKK Militants Dead
- » USA Extends List of Sanctioned Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Entities