Juncker Backs Minimum Wage across EU
European Commission President candidate Jean-Claude Juncker backed the idea of a minimum wage across the EU.
The center-right politician told Die Welt newspaper that EU rules on labor law an protection are also needed.
I wish that we could be led by this principle: A single minimum wage in all EU states, without EU meddling in the question of its amount. I consider minimum income [a measure] of urgent demand if one wants to maintain the EU's social system, Juncker said on Tuesday.
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 222,000 in 2016 - IOM
- » Russia Ready to Supply Additional Gas to Europe across Black Sea, Energy Minister Says
- » EU Parliament Calls on UK Begin Withdrawal
- » Juncker Urges UK to Clarify Position on Brexit
- » Deputy PM: Bulgaria Is Increasingly Becoming Final Destination for Asylum Seekers
- » Brexit to Dominate Agenda of EU Summit, Parliament Plenary Session