Juncker Backs Minimum Wage across EU
European Commission President candidate Jean-Claude Juncker backed the idea of a minimum wage across the EU.
The center-right politician told Die Welt newspaper that EU rules on labor law an protection are also needed.
I wish that we could be led by this principle: A single minimum wage in all EU states, without EU meddling in the question of its amount. I consider minimum income [a measure] of urgent demand if one wants to maintain the EU's social system, Juncker said on Tuesday.
- » Juncker: Great Britain Will Pay Stiff Price for Brexit
- » First Express Train from Istanbul Arrives in Sofia
- » 3 EU Countries Demand That Lower-Quality Foods Not Be Sold in Eastern Europe
- » EC Threatens To Sue 5 Countries Over Air Pollution
- » Greece May Rely On New Rescue Programme
- » Trial Starts in Turkey Against 47 People Accused of Attempting To Kill Erdogan