Model of Bulgaria's Ancient City of Perperikon Showcased in Belgium
A model of the ancient Thracian city of Perperikon, located in the Eastern Rhodopes, near Bulgaria's town of Kardzhali, will be showcased in several Belgian cities.
The 1:100 model of Perperikon, as well as photographs of Eastern Rhodopes will be showcased in an exhibition held in three of the largest Belgian cities - Brussels, Ghent and Li?ge, the initiators of the event, the Mayor of Kardzhali Hasan Azis and the archaeologist Prof. Nikolay Ovcharov announced at a press conference, Tuesday.
The model of Perperikon will be similar to that of the medieval city of Preslav, situated in modern northeastern Bulgaria. Besides it, the exhibition will include other projects of the Kardzhali municipality related to the new Arpezos-North park, the city system for energy efficiency, among others.
"This is the largest exhibition of a Bulgarian municipality in the center of Europe. The idea is to create opportunities for tourism development in the region, as well as investment opportunities - from Europe to Kardzhali and from Kardzhali to Europe," mayor Hasan Azis said, cited by Darik news.
The exhibition will be held in the Committee of the Regions in Brussels, the European Parliament, as well as in other spots in the Belgian capital.
Ovcharov and Azis have already discussed the exhibition with the Ambassador, the Honorary Consul of Bulgaria in Belgium and representatives of other institutions. According to Azis, the initiative will be funded by the municipality of Kardzhali, supported by the Ministries of Economy and Culture.
- » Bulgaria Displays Ancient Treasures In Cooperation With Other European Countries
- » Gold Treasure of Nagyszentmiklos Goes on Display in Sofia
- » Antique Artifacts and their Stories on Sozopol’s Past
- » Bulgarian Archaeology 2016 to Feature Last Year's Most Thrilling Finds
- » Nearly 600 Antique Coins Donated To Silistra History Museum
- » Bulgaria's Ancient Theatre in Plovdiv Older by Nearly a Century