Bulgarians to Use EU Health Insurance Card in Serbia
Bulgarian citizens will be able to use the European Health Insurance Card on the territory of Serbia as of June 1, 2014.
Rumyana Todorova, head of Bulgaria's National Health Insurance Fund, and the director of Serbia's Institute for Social Insurance, Zoran Panovich, have signed an agreement for the use of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in the Republic of Serbia.
Under the agreement, Bulgarian citizens with valid health insurance who have EHIC will have access to emergency medical services during their temporary stay in Serbia.
Healthcare will be provided by hospitals included in the network of medical facilities and by private hospitals, which have signed contracts with the Serbian state.
Bulgarian insured persons must comply with the procedures laid down by Serbia's legislation.
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt National Health Strategy 2014-2020
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on National Health Strategy
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015