Bulgarians to Use EU Health Insurance Card in Serbia
Bulgarian citizens will be able to use the European Health Insurance Card on the territory of Serbia as of June 1, 2014.
Rumyana Todorova, head of Bulgaria's National Health Insurance Fund, and the director of Serbia's Institute for Social Insurance, Zoran Panovich, have signed an agreement for the use of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in the Republic of Serbia.
Under the agreement, Bulgarian citizens with valid health insurance who have EHIC will have access to emergency medical services during their temporary stay in Serbia.
Healthcare will be provided by hospitals included in the network of medical facilities and by private hospitals, which have signed contracts with the Serbian state.
Bulgarian insured persons must comply with the procedures laid down by Serbia's legislation.
- » 42% of Cancer Cases in the United States are due to Unhealthy Lifestyles
- » Medical Establishments in Bulgaria are Out of Influenza Vaccines
- » The Sale of 21 Tonnes of Unfit Meat has been Stopped
- » Equal Access to Medicines is a Priority for Bulgaria and the Netherlands
- » 460 000 Bulgarians Live with Diabetes
- » Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful