Bulgarians to Use EU Health Insurance Card in Serbia
Bulgarian citizens will be able to use the European Health Insurance Card on the territory of Serbia as of June 1, 2014.
Rumyana Todorova, head of Bulgaria's National Health Insurance Fund, and the director of Serbia's Institute for Social Insurance, Zoran Panovich, have signed an agreement for the use of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in the Republic of Serbia.
Under the agreement, Bulgarian citizens with valid health insurance who have EHIC will have access to emergency medical services during their temporary stay in Serbia.
Healthcare will be provided by hospitals included in the network of medical facilities and by private hospitals, which have signed contracts with the Serbian state.
Bulgarian insured persons must comply with the procedures laid down by Serbia's legislation.
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty
- » Bulgaria Health System Could Perform Much Better, World Bank Says
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert