Bulgarians to Use EU Health Insurance Card in Serbia
Bulgarian citizens will be able to use the European Health Insurance Card on the territory of Serbia as of June 1, 2014.
Rumyana Todorova, head of Bulgaria's National Health Insurance Fund, and the director of Serbia's Institute for Social Insurance, Zoran Panovich, have signed an agreement for the use of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in the Republic of Serbia.
Under the agreement, Bulgarian citizens with valid health insurance who have EHIC will have access to emergency medical services during their temporary stay in Serbia.
Healthcare will be provided by hospitals included in the network of medical facilities and by private hospitals, which have signed contracts with the Serbian state.
Bulgarian insured persons must comply with the procedures laid down by Serbia's legislation.
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Bulgaria's Gov't Could Provide BGN 225 M for Health Fund - FinMin
- » Half Million Bulgarians Admitted in Emergency Care Units Since January
- » Bulgaria's Prime Minister Sees 'No Need' to Update Health Budget
- » Proposals to Update Bulgaria's Healthcare Budget to Be Made in Days
- » Salmonella Infected Meat Found in Stores in Plovdiv, Sofia