EVN To Sue Bulgaria For EUR 1 B
The electricity distributing company EVN has hired an international lawyer and plans to sue Bulgaria for EUR 1 B if its business is nationalized.
According to reports in the Austrian daily Kurier, quoted by Bulgaria's daily 24 Chasa, the company has paid EUR 270 M for its license and has invested more than EUR 600 M.
According to reports in other Bulgarian-language dailies, last week Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev had a meeting in Vienna with EVN's chairman of the board Stefan Siskovic.
Meanwhile, EVN Bulgaria said they would seek from the National Electricity Company (NEK) EUR 250 M and reminded that there is already a court case against Bulgaria for breach of contract with Austrian for encouraging investments.
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking to Become Hub for Russian Gas'
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Dobrich – Silistra Gas Pipeline Issued Final Certificate of Fitness
- » Bulgaria Expects to Choose Builder of Gas Link to Romania in December
- » AES Bulgaria Dismisses Suggestion of Unfair Play
- » Power Distributor CEZ Bulgaria Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgaria’s Electricity Export Up 31.7% Y/Y in Jan-Sept