EVN To Sue Bulgaria For EUR 1 B
The electricity distributing company EVN has hired an international lawyer and plans to sue Bulgaria for EUR 1 B if its business is nationalized.
According to reports in the Austrian daily Kurier, quoted by Bulgaria's daily 24 Chasa, the company has paid EUR 270 M for its license and has invested more than EUR 600 M.
According to reports in other Bulgarian-language dailies, last week Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev had a meeting in Vienna with EVN's chairman of the board Stefan Siskovic.
Meanwhile, EVN Bulgaria said they would seek from the National Electricity Company (NEK) EUR 250 M and reminded that there is already a court case against Bulgaria for breach of contract with Austrian for encouraging investments.
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » Oil Prices Continue to Rise
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet said "Yes" to Restart the Nuclear Power Plant "Belene", China Wants to Invest
- » Bulgarian Minister of Energy: We will Bring the Belene NPP Report to Parliament within Days
- » The Future Gas Hub near Varna Became an Object of National Importance for Bulgaria
- » The Exploration of Oil and Gas Deposits near Vratsa is Extended