Japan Preparing Economic Aid for Ukraine
Japan is ready to offer Ukraine economic aid worth USD 1.5 B if the country reaches an agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
"It is extremely important that each country in the international community gives support so that Ukraine, facing a severe economic situation amid political confusion, will be able to restore economic stability”, Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said, quoted by Interfax agency.
Suga revealed that Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has announced a USD 1.5 B low-interest loan, should Ukraine reach an agreement with the IMF for economic reforms.
Ukraine’s economy is said to be in a dire state, with interim PM Arseniy Yatsenyuk suggesting that over USD 35 B may be needed to bail out the country.
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With
- » Air Algerie Plane Wreck Found In Mali
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing