Bulgaria's Tobacco Growers Stage Rally Against Low Purchase Prices
Bulgarian tobacco growers have blocked the main road near Svilengrad in protest against the low prices and the delayed purchase campaign.
Shortly after the start of the blockade, however, protesters were informed that a large joint-stock company has committed to purchase all the remaining tobacco, which is currently in store, Tzvetan Filev, chairman of Bulgaria's National Association of Tobacco Producers announced, cited by Darik news.
Filev added that as early as Wednesday, the company will send ten expert evaluation committees in the Haskovo municipality who will be directly responsible for the purchase of the tobacco.
The protest of the tobacco producers has been terminated, Darik news reports.
- » Sofia, Varna Property Prices Rise, Still Well Below Pre-Crisis Peaks
- » Plevneliev: Southern Gas Corridor Will Boost Europe’s Energy Security
- » Bulgaria Energy Watchdog Proposes 9.8% Rise in Power Prices
- » Burgas Miners End Strike
- » Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Doubled Profits in 8 Months – Former CEO
- » 2 Miners Participating in Underground Strike Taken to Hospital