Bulgaria's Tobacco Growers Stage Rally Against Low Purchase Prices
Bulgarian tobacco growers have blocked the main road near Svilengrad in protest against the low prices and the delayed purchase campaign.
Shortly after the start of the blockade, however, protesters were informed that a large joint-stock company has committed to purchase all the remaining tobacco, which is currently in store, Tzvetan Filev, chairman of Bulgaria's National Association of Tobacco Producers announced, cited by Darik news.
Filev added that as early as Wednesday, the company will send ten expert evaluation committees in the Haskovo municipality who will be directly responsible for the purchase of the tobacco.
The protest of the tobacco producers has been terminated, Darik news reports.
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016
- » Bulgaria, Serbia to Ink Gas Interconnector MoU
- » KEVR To Launch Inspections of Energy Distribution Ventures
- » Bulgaria's RIA To Seek Furnding for Kalotina-Sofia Highway
- » Six New Destinations from Varna To Be Launched in 2017
- » Average Monthly Wage in Bulgaria To Exceed BGN 1,000 in 2017