Bulgaria's Tobacco Growers Stage Rally Against Low Purchase Prices
Bulgarian tobacco growers have blocked the main road near Svilengrad in protest against the low prices and the delayed purchase campaign.
Shortly after the start of the blockade, however, protesters were informed that a large joint-stock company has committed to purchase all the remaining tobacco, which is currently in store, Tzvetan Filev, chairman of Bulgaria's National Association of Tobacco Producers announced, cited by Darik news.
Filev added that as early as Wednesday, the company will send ten expert evaluation committees in the Haskovo municipality who will be directly responsible for the purchase of the tobacco.
The protest of the tobacco producers has been terminated, Darik news reports.
- » Socialist MP Backs Faster Deposit Repayment for Supervised Banks
- » Moody’s Cuts Bulgarian Corpbank’s Deposit Ratings
- » Germans' Vacation In Bulgaria 52% Cheaper Than In Germany
- » Bulgaria's GERB Withdraws Support from State Budget Overhaul
- » CPC Hits Bulgargaz With Record Fine
- » Bulgaria Wheat Prices Down on Good Crop, Ample Stockpiles