Passenger Trains To Run On Danube Bridge 2 in December 2014
Passenger trains will travel across Danube Bridge 2 as early as December 2014, Bulgaria's deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev announced.
Freight trains will start running across the bridge in May, Ginev told Bulgaria's Trud Daily. He explained that the new regular train schedule will come into effect in December.
Bulgaria's State Railways company, BDZ Holding, has already announced its intentions to launch an international train between Sofia – Vidin - Budapest.
Several companies among which BDZ Holding are interested in providing freight train services.
Since then, the car traffic is constantly increasing with an average of 9,000 vehicles per week passing across the bridge.
- » Revenues from Short-term Accommodation Increased in Bulgaria in December 2015
- » Ryanair to Operate Daily Flights Between Sofia, Cologne from October 30
- » Petyo Ivanov to Replace Jacklen Cohen as Head of Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria Posts BGN 2 B Deficit in 2015 Trade with Third Countries
- » TUI Group Stepping up Investment in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Bicycle Exports Keep Rising