Passenger Trains To Run On Danube Bridge 2 in December 2014
Passenger trains will travel across Danube Bridge 2 as early as December 2014, Bulgaria's deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev announced.
Freight trains will start running across the bridge in May, Ginev told Bulgaria's Trud Daily. He explained that the new regular train schedule will come into effect in December.
Bulgaria's State Railways company, BDZ Holding, has already announced its intentions to launch an international train between Sofia – Vidin - Budapest.
Several companies among which BDZ Holding are interested in providing freight train services.
Since then, the car traffic is constantly increasing with an average of 9,000 vehicles per week passing across the bridge.
- » Audit Finds BGN 4.2 B Impairment Costs on KTB Balance Sheet, Bulgaria C. Bank Says
- » Westinghouse Picks М3 Communications for Its PR Agency in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania Agree to Build 2 More Bridges over Danube River
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Sign Memorandum To Build Two New Bridges Over Danube