Passenger Trains To Run On Danube Bridge 2 in December 2014
Passenger trains will travel across Danube Bridge 2 as early as December 2014, Bulgaria's deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev announced.
Freight trains will start running across the bridge in May, Ginev told Bulgaria's Trud Daily. He explained that the new regular train schedule will come into effect in December.
Bulgaria's State Railways company, BDZ Holding, has already announced its intentions to launch an international train between Sofia – Vidin - Budapest.
Several companies among which BDZ Holding are interested in providing freight train services.
Since then, the car traffic is constantly increasing with an average of 9,000 vehicles per week passing across the bridge.
- » China 'Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant'
- » Bulgaria 'Should Promote Itself as All-Year-Round Destination'
- » EU Energy Ministers Seeking New Rules on Gas Supplies
- » Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia Due This Week
- » Fitch Affirms Bulgaria's BBB- Rating
- » S&P Confirms 'Junk' Status of Bulgaria