Passenger Trains To Run On Danube Bridge 2 in December 2014
Passenger trains will travel across Danube Bridge 2 as early as December 2014, Bulgaria's deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev announced.
Freight trains will start running across the bridge in May, Ginev told Bulgaria's Trud Daily. He explained that the new regular train schedule will come into effect in December.
Bulgaria's State Railways company, BDZ Holding, has already announced its intentions to launch an international train between Sofia – Vidin - Budapest.
Several companies among which BDZ Holding are interested in providing freight train services.
Since then, the car traffic is constantly increasing with an average of 9,000 vehicles per week passing across the bridge.
- » Bulgarian Minister to Seek Upward Revision of Interior’s Budget by BGN 21.3 M
- » Bulgaria Expects to Choose Builder of Gas Link to Romania in December
- » Bulgaria Confirms Ban on Growing GM Crops
- » AES Bulgaria Dismisses Suggestion of Unfair Play
- » 5700 VW, Audi Vehicles in Bulgaria Need Refit over Diesel Emissions Violations
- » Power Distributor CEZ Bulgaria Welcomes New CEO