Passenger Trains To Run On Danube Bridge 2 in December 2014
Passenger trains will travel across Danube Bridge 2 as early as December 2014, Bulgaria's deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev announced.
Freight trains will start running across the bridge in May, Ginev told Bulgaria's Trud Daily. He explained that the new regular train schedule will come into effect in December.
Bulgaria's State Railways company, BDZ Holding, has already announced its intentions to launch an international train between Sofia – Vidin - Budapest.
Several companies among which BDZ Holding are interested in providing freight train services.
Since then, the car traffic is constantly increasing with an average of 9,000 vehicles per week passing across the bridge.
- » Die Presse: 'New Signs of Life' for South Stream from Bulgaria
- » Too Early for EU Response on Bulgaria's 'Gas Hub' Idea - Commission VP Georgieva
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Austria’s BauMax Sells Bulgaria Unit for Token EUR 1