Passenger Trains To Run On Danube Bridge 2 in December 2014
Passenger trains will travel across Danube Bridge 2 as early as December 2014, Bulgaria's deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev announced.
Freight trains will start running across the bridge in May, Ginev told Bulgaria's Trud Daily. He explained that the new regular train schedule will come into effect in December.
Bulgaria's State Railways company, BDZ Holding, has already announced its intentions to launch an international train between Sofia – Vidin - Budapest.
Several companies among which BDZ Holding are interested in providing freight train services.
Since then, the car traffic is constantly increasing with an average of 9,000 vehicles per week passing across the bridge.
- » 10.3 Million Tourists Expected to Visit Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast This Summer
- » Bulgarian PM, EU Council President Discuss Three Major Energy Projects
- » Lines of Trucks Form at Two Bulgaria-Turkey Border Crossings
- » Turkish Airlines Cancel Flights to/from Sofia after Istanbul Airport Terror Attack
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Improves in June
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Reaches EUR 35.4 B at End-April 2016