Two Killed in Latest Venezuela Protests
Two people have died in the latest outbreak of violence in Venezuela’s anti-government protests.
A National Guard soldier was killed on Monday in Merida, while a 28-year-old pregnant woman was confirmed dead on Sunday in Guaicaipuro, near the capital Caracas, Al-Jazeera reported.
Protests against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro broke out in February, and police forces have responded with force on a number of occasions. The total death toll from the street riots is believed to be at 32 now.
Demonstrators are demanding economic reforms which would stop the high inflation, shortage of foods, and an end to political repression of opposition figures.
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas