Two Killed in Latest Venezuela Protests
Two people have died in the latest outbreak of violence in Venezuela’s anti-government protests.
A National Guard soldier was killed on Monday in Merida, while a 28-year-old pregnant woman was confirmed dead on Sunday in Guaicaipuro, near the capital Caracas, Al-Jazeera reported.
Protests against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro broke out in February, and police forces have responded with force on a number of occasions. The total death toll from the street riots is believed to be at 32 now.
Demonstrators are demanding economic reforms which would stop the high inflation, shortage of foods, and an end to political repression of opposition figures.
- » Turkey’s Ruling Party Names Foreign Minister Davutoglu as New PM
- » Ukrainian President Likely to Dissolve Parliament Next Week
- » US Admits Secret Mission Failed to Free James Foley
- » Turkey's Ruling Party to Name New PM
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper