Two Killed in Latest Venezuela Protests
Two people have died in the latest outbreak of violence in Venezuela’s anti-government protests.
A National Guard soldier was killed on Monday in Merida, while a 28-year-old pregnant woman was confirmed dead on Sunday in Guaicaipuro, near the capital Caracas, Al-Jazeera reported.
Protests against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro broke out in February, and police forces have responded with force on a number of occasions. The total death toll from the street riots is believed to be at 32 now.
Demonstrators are demanding economic reforms which would stop the high inflation, shortage of foods, and an end to political repression of opposition figures.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality