Two Killed in Latest Venezuela Protests
Two people have died in the latest outbreak of violence in Venezuela’s anti-government protests.
A National Guard soldier was killed on Monday in Merida, while a 28-year-old pregnant woman was confirmed dead on Sunday in Guaicaipuro, near the capital Caracas, Al-Jazeera reported.
Protests against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro broke out in February, and police forces have responded with force on a number of occasions. The total death toll from the street riots is believed to be at 32 now.
Demonstrators are demanding economic reforms which would stop the high inflation, shortage of foods, and an end to political repression of opposition figures.
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
- » Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
- » Donbass Rebels 'Down Two Ukrainian Su-25 Fighters'
- » Germany Questions Appropriateness of Russia's Hosting FIFA World Cup