Bulgarian Businessman of Dubious Reputation Shot Dead in Sofia
Borislav Mandzhukov, 39, businessman of dubious reputation, was shot dead in Sofia on Monday evening.
He was found by the residents of a building on the “Bulgaria” boulevard who called the police.
According to Bulgarian-language media, Mandzhukov was well-known to the police and has been investigated for various crimes. According to police, there are 48 court cases against him – mostly for frauds and gross VAT scams.
Mandhukov was the owner of hotels, currency exchange bureaus and the chains of clubs Versai, Bulgari and Exit.
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria's IntMin 'Has No Info' on Int'l People Smuggling Ring Busted by Turkey