Bulgarian Businessman of Dubious Reputation Shot Dead in Sofia
Borislav Mandzhukov, 39, businessman of dubious reputation, was shot dead in Sofia on Monday evening.
He was found by the residents of a building on the “Bulgaria” boulevard who called the police.
According to Bulgarian-language media, Mandzhukov was well-known to the police and has been investigated for various crimes. According to police, there are 48 court cases against him – mostly for frauds and gross VAT scams.
Mandhukov was the owner of hotels, currency exchange bureaus and the chains of clubs Versai, Bulgari and Exit.
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation
- » British Tourist’s Drug-Related Death in Bulgaria Occurred ’by Misadventure’