Bulgaria's Varna to Be Granted BGN 70 M This Year
Bulgaria's city of Varna could be granted up to BGN 70 M until end-2014, an MP from the ruling Socialists announced.
In Varna, which is his hometown, Borislav Gutsanov announced funds are to be allocated for the construction of a new court building and a Faculty of Pharmacy at the Medical University.
Among other projects, Borovets neighborhood is to have water supply for the first time.
Gutsanov reminded that the city has already received BGN 51 M under the "Growth and Sustainable Development of Regions" program.
Varna, despite often being described as "the sea capital of Bulgaria", has not received the lion's share of investments and state grants over the past few years, which were more often allocated to Burgas, another Black Sea city to the south of the country.
- » Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Remains BGN 340 Next Year
- » Tanya Raykovska Elected Interim Chair of Bulgaria’s Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Bulgaria PM to Oversee State Security, Deputy PMs Get Coordinative Functions
- » Judicial Council Moves to Elect Chair of Supreme Court of Cassation
- » Patriotic Front Backtracks on Ultimatum to Bulgarian Gov't
- » Nationalist Party NFSB May Withdraw Confidence in Govt in 24 Hours