Bulgaria's Varna to Be Granted BGN 70 M This Year
Bulgaria's city of Varna could be granted up to BGN 70 M until end-2014, an MP from the ruling Socialists announced.
In Varna, which is his hometown, Borislav Gutsanov announced funds are to be allocated for the construction of a new court building and a Faculty of Pharmacy at the Medical University.
Among other projects, Borovets neighborhood is to have water supply for the first time.
Gutsanov reminded that the city has already received BGN 51 M under the "Growth and Sustainable Development of Regions" program.
Varna, despite often being described as "the sea capital of Bulgaria", has not received the lion's share of investments and state grants over the past few years, which were more often allocated to Burgas, another Black Sea city to the south of the country.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.