Another Bulgarian MP Leaves Opposition GERB, Considers Other Parties
Former member of Bulgaria's center-right GERB and former chairman of the Velingrad local structure of the party Angel Daskalov announced he was leaving the party.
Daskalov said the reason for his resignation was his disappointment in the last National Conference of GERB, as well as his disapproval of "the attempts of certain people to control certain things locally," Daskalov told Bulgarian Dnevnik.
Daskalov has not officially resigned, nor spoken to the party leadership yet.
He has confirmed his intentions to stay in politics and has announced that he had already received offers from other parties, including Bulgaria without Censorship of former TV host Nikolay Barekov. However, this was in no way related to his decision to leave GERB.
GERB's Regional Coordinator in Pazardzhik Doncho Baksanov claimed that the former MP's decision to leave the party was dishonorable and said that he has learned of Daskalov's resignation from the media.
"We have not received any other resignations so far. GERB's regional structure in Pazardzhik remains united," Baksanov said quoted by Focus news agency.
- » BSP Leader Ninova: Borisov's Government Prepares Ethnic Change in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Kids Spend 80% of Time on Internet
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Confirms Ruling To Dismiss Chief City Architect Rusev
- » Exacta Research: GERB Remains Leading Political Force
- » Migrant Pressure in Bulgaria Reaches Critical Point
- » Financial Supervision Commission Plans Increase in Taxes Paid By Non-Banking Sector