Another Bulgarian MP Leaves Opposition GERB, Considers Other Parties
Former member of Bulgaria's center-right GERB and former chairman of the Velingrad local structure of the party Angel Daskalov announced he was leaving the party.
Daskalov said the reason for his resignation was his disappointment in the last National Conference of GERB, as well as his disapproval of "the attempts of certain people to control certain things locally," Daskalov told Bulgarian Dnevnik.
Daskalov has not officially resigned, nor spoken to the party leadership yet.
He has confirmed his intentions to stay in politics and has announced that he had already received offers from other parties, including Bulgaria without Censorship of former TV host Nikolay Barekov. However, this was in no way related to his decision to leave GERB.
GERB's Regional Coordinator in Pazardzhik Doncho Baksanov claimed that the former MP's decision to leave the party was dishonorable and said that he has learned of Daskalov's resignation from the media.
"We have not received any other resignations so far. GERB's regional structure in Pazardzhik remains united," Baksanov said quoted by Focus news agency.
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day
- » PACE Delegation Arrives on Pre-Electoral Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Headcount May Increase by 1700
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet