Tuberculosis on the Drop in Bulgaria
The number of tuberculosis cases in Bulgaria has dropped by 15% in 2013 compared to the previous year.
Last year, 1,938 cases of tuberculosis were registered around the country, while in 2012 the number was 2,280, according to preliminary data of the National Tuberculosis Prevention Program.
The number of children diagnosed with the infectious respiratory disease in Bulgaria has also declined, revealed Dr. Maria Zamfirova from the Ministry of Health.
In 2013, over 29,000 persons considered to be in the vulnerable groups for the disease, underwent screening.
March 24 is the World Tuberculosis Day, and 29 hospitals around the country will have an "Open Doors Day".
Dr. Tonka Varleva revealed that the number of tuberculosis patients in the European Union is over 68,000, with the highest number being in Romania. Bulgaria, meanwhile, ranks among the middle.
- » UK Supermarket ‘Sold Sausages and Ham Infected With Hepatitis’
- » Today Bulgaria honors the Memory of the Dead Doctors and Medics
- » Yemen Cholera Epidemic: Cases Exceed 500,000 in 4 Months
- » Emergency Number 112 Will not be Left Without a Communication System
- » Former Hospital Director Admitted he did not Have Diploma
- » Dutch Police Arrested 2 Company directors Due To the Egg Scandal