Legal Changes to Shed Light on Media Ownership, Funding in Bulgaria
Socialist MP Martin Zahariev has said he will propose amendments to the Radio and Television Act concerning ownership and origin of funding for the media in Bulgaria
In a Sunday interview for the Bulgarian National Television (BNT), Zahariev explained that the legal changes concerned electronic media, newspapers and websites.
He said that the changes provided for publishing information on media funding in the public register of the Council for Electronic Media.
Zahariev, as cited by dnevnik.bg, noted that the draft legislation envisaged a 6-month grace period during which relevant legislation would be adjusted to it.
He said that he also planned to propose to his colleagues to discuss the opportunity of publishing information on the amount of public funding media outlets had been goven to promote EU programs and projects.
- » Movement 21-NDSV Presidential Candidate Doncheva: GERB Will Not Reach Ballotage
- » Former Bulgarian PM To Run for President
- » Counter-Terrorism Training Exercise To Be Held at Plovdiv Airport on September 27
- » Trakia Highway Traffic Halted Due To Fire
- » Vote Counting Machines to Be Tested Only in Sofia in Presidential Elections
- » GERB's Silence on Presidential Candidate 'Not an Advantage Anymore' - Pollster