Bulgarians in 3 Cities to Protest Construction Works in Coastal Area
Bulgarians in Sofia, Plovdiv and Varna will protest Sunday against the government's decision to approve construction works in the Kara dere area near Byala on the Black Sea coast.
The rally in Sofia starts 5pm at the Ariana lake in Knyaz Boris's Garden in Sofia. The protests in Varna and Plovdiv are to be held at the same time.
The Cabinet also issued an A-class investor certificate to the company which is to implement the project, Madara Europe.
The protesters demand legislation which will place an unambiguous ban on construction on protected areas, including Karadere, Irakli, Strandzha, Kamchiyski Pyasaci, the dunes near Nesebar, etc, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
They also want the A-class investor certificate issued to Madara Europe to be cancelled and the Ministry of Environment and Water to suspend the detailed site development plan of Byala- north.
The first rally against the project, held in Sofia on March 20, was attended by thousands.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°