Bulgaria Reimbursed for less than 50% of Rural Development Spending
An MP from center-right party GERB suggested that the Bulgarian government was keeping silent about a non-reimbursed sum of BGN 330 M under the rural development program.
Desislava Taneva, MP from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), commented Friday in Parliament on Thursday's announcement of the State Fund Agriculture that the European Commission had transferred BGN 290 M under the rural development program in the fourth quarter of the year.
Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, pointed out that Bulgaria had requested the reimbursement of BGN 623 M and asked whether the remaining amount of money had been frozen or it could be lost.
Dimitar Grekov, Minister of Agriculture and Food, responded that there was no indication that the EC would not approve the expenses, suggesting that the funding would be acknowledged and transferred in installments.
- » EP to Hold Hearing of Bulgarian Commission Designate on June 20
- » Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Wants to be Free of EU Monitoring by End of 2018
- » A Bulgaria to Update Budget of its EU Council Presidency
- » Minister Liliyana Pavlova: 'Europe Will Exist, it is Important in What Format'
- » Bulgaria is on its Way to the Eurozone