Bulgaria Reimbursed for less than 50% of Rural Development Spending
An MP from center-right party GERB suggested that the Bulgarian government was keeping silent about a non-reimbursed sum of BGN 330 M under the rural development program.
Desislava Taneva, MP from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), commented Friday in Parliament on Thursday's announcement of the State Fund Agriculture that the European Commission had transferred BGN 290 M under the rural development program in the fourth quarter of the year.
Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, pointed out that Bulgaria had requested the reimbursement of BGN 623 M and asked whether the remaining amount of money had been frozen or it could be lost.
Dimitar Grekov, Minister of Agriculture and Food, responded that there was no indication that the EC would not approve the expenses, suggesting that the funding would be acknowledged and transferred in installments.
- » More Than Half of Bulgarians Have Positive Image of EU – Eurobarometer
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10.5 M Disaster Aid from EU
- » German Chancellor Promises Help, to Send Experts to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Evades 15% Cut to 2015 Turbot Quota
- » European Commission Seeks Turbot Quota Cuts for Bulgaria, Romania
- » Bulgaria Has Lowest Consumption Per Capita in EU – Eurostat