Bulgaria Reimbursed for less than 50% of Rural Development Spending
An MP from center-right party GERB suggested that the Bulgarian government was keeping silent about a non-reimbursed sum of BGN 330 M under the rural development program.
Desislava Taneva, MP from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), commented Friday in Parliament on Thursday's announcement of the State Fund Agriculture that the European Commission had transferred BGN 290 M under the rural development program in the fourth quarter of the year.
Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, pointed out that Bulgaria had requested the reimbursement of BGN 623 M and asked whether the remaining amount of money had been frozen or it could be lost.
Dimitar Grekov, Minister of Agriculture and Food, responded that there was no indication that the EC would not approve the expenses, suggesting that the funding would be acknowledged and transferred in installments.
- » Bulgaria's New MEPs to Stress Refugee Issues, Eurozone Accession
- » Bulgarian DPS Party Supports Georgieva's EU Foreign Policy Chief Bid
- » EIB to Assist Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Co in Tariff Formation
- » EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020
- » EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
- » Georgieva Is Bulgaria's EU Foreign Policy Chief Candidate - PM