New Cocaine Route Passes Through Bulgaria
A new cocaine route for Europe goes through Bulgaria said the National Addictions and Drugs Center.
According to its director Momchil Vasilev, in the past two years through Bulgaria was established a new drug channel, which takes cocaine from South America via Western Africa through Greece and Bulgaria, for Western Europe.
In Vasilev's words, two of the three Balkan routes of heroin are well-established in Bulgaria. They take the drug to Turkey, Greece, Albania and Italy.
The study of the center finds that the quantities of heroin on the Bulgarian market have decreased, thus leading to higher prices and lower quality.
Most popular drug in Bulgaria is the cannabis, but methamphetamine and LSD are gaining popularity. There is also increased use of sleeping pills, especially among older people, which often leads to addictions.
Use among schoolchildren has stabilized, but this is according to their own admissions.
In 2012 between 7.6% and 9% of Bulgarians aged 15-64 have admitted that they have used drugs at least once in their lifetime.
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna