New Cocaine Route Passes Through Bulgaria
A new cocaine route for Europe goes through Bulgaria said the National Addictions and Drugs Center.
According to its director Momchil Vasilev, in the past two years through Bulgaria was established a new drug channel, which takes cocaine from South America via Western Africa through Greece and Bulgaria, for Western Europe.
In Vasilev's words, two of the three Balkan routes of heroin are well-established in Bulgaria. They take the drug to Turkey, Greece, Albania and Italy.
The study of the center finds that the quantities of heroin on the Bulgarian market have decreased, thus leading to higher prices and lower quality.
Most popular drug in Bulgaria is the cannabis, but methamphetamine and LSD are gaining popularity. There is also increased use of sleeping pills, especially among older people, which often leads to addictions.
Use among schoolchildren has stabilized, but this is according to their own admissions.
In 2012 between 7.6% and 9% of Bulgarians aged 15-64 have admitted that they have used drugs at least once in their lifetime.
- » Armed Robbers of Sofia Store Now Established
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 2 Endangered Turtle Eaters
- » New Armed Robbery Taped in Sofia, Released on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam