New Cocaine Route Passes Through Bulgaria
A new cocaine route for Europe goes through Bulgaria said the National Addictions and Drugs Center.
According to its director Momchil Vasilev, in the past two years through Bulgaria was established a new drug channel, which takes cocaine from South America via Western Africa through Greece and Bulgaria, for Western Europe.
In Vasilev's words, two of the three Balkan routes of heroin are well-established in Bulgaria. They take the drug to Turkey, Greece, Albania and Italy.
The study of the center finds that the quantities of heroin on the Bulgarian market have decreased, thus leading to higher prices and lower quality.
Most popular drug in Bulgaria is the cannabis, but methamphetamine and LSD are gaining popularity. There is also increased use of sleeping pills, especially among older people, which often leads to addictions.
Use among schoolchildren has stabilized, but this is according to their own admissions.
In 2012 between 7.6% and 9% of Bulgarians aged 15-64 have admitted that they have used drugs at least once in their lifetime.
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes
- » Police in Varna Disrupted a Scheme for False Medical Documents
- » Hackers Use Thousands Of Infected Android Devices In DDoS Attacks