Cecilia Malmstrom to Attend Bulgaria's Conference on EU Asylum System
EU Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom will be visiting Bulgaria on 24-25 March, with regards to the refugee situation in the country.
EU Commissioner Malmstrom will participate in a conference "The Common European Asylum System: Challenges and perspectives", Monday.
Official program includes meetings with President Rosen Plevneliev, PM Plamen Oresharski, Deputy PM and Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev, Deputy PM Daniela Bobeva.
On Monday, Cecilia Malmstrom will speak with UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) representatives and will visits the Voenna Rampa Reception Center in capital city of Sofia.
Malmstrom will visits the Reception Center in Harmanli on Tuesday followed by a brief statement to the media.
- » Bulgaria Boasts Highest Recognition Rate of Asylum Applications in EU
- » Bulgaria's Defence Minister to Call for Common EU Policy on Tackling Refugee Wave
- » World Bank to Help Bulgaria Improve Absorption of EU Funds
- » Bulgaria Plans to Initiate EU Discussion to Make Anti-IS Strategy More Efficient
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania Arriving in Britain Nearly Double in Year to March
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment