Cecilia Malmstrom to Attend Bulgaria's Conference on EU Asylum System
EU Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom will be visiting Bulgaria on 24-25 March, with regards to the refugee situation in the country.
EU Commissioner Malmstrom will participate in a conference "The Common European Asylum System: Challenges and perspectives", Monday.
Official program includes meetings with President Rosen Plevneliev, PM Plamen Oresharski, Deputy PM and Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev, Deputy PM Daniela Bobeva.
On Monday, Cecilia Malmstrom will speak with UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) representatives and will visits the Voenna Rampa Reception Center in capital city of Sofia.
Malmstrom will visits the Reception Center in Harmanli on Tuesday followed by a brief statement to the media.
- » EU to Provide EUR 125M to Farmers Affected by Russian Food Embargo
- » Head of EU's Competitiveness Program 'Asked to Resign' by EconMin
- » PES Leader Says Will Back Georgieva’s Nomination for Top EU Post
- » Bulgaria Likely to Lose BGN 24M under Operational Program Transport
- » EC Alerts Bulgarian Energy Holding to Suspected Anti-Trust Law Breach
- » Bulgaria Restores Suspended EU Payments under Regional Development OP