Cecilia Malmstrom to Attend Bulgaria's Conference on EU Asylum System
EU Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom will be visiting Bulgaria on 24-25 March, with regards to the refugee situation in the country.
EU Commissioner Malmstrom will participate in a conference "The Common European Asylum System: Challenges and perspectives", Monday.
Official program includes meetings with President Rosen Plevneliev, PM Plamen Oresharski, Deputy PM and Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev, Deputy PM Daniela Bobeva.
On Monday, Cecilia Malmstrom will speak with UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) representatives and will visits the Voenna Rampa Reception Center in capital city of Sofia.
Malmstrom will visits the Reception Center in Harmanli on Tuesday followed by a brief statement to the media.
- » Bulgaria Says Angela Merkel Pledges Support for Its Bid for Additional Help from Frontex
- » EC Appoints Bulgaria’s Charlina Vitcheva Deputy Director-General at Joint Research Centre
- » Bulgaria to Assume EU Presidency 6 Months Earlier
- » EC Takes Bulgaria to Court over Insufficient Protection of Endangered Birds
- » Bulgarian Army Ready to Boost Assistance to Police in Border Protection, Def Min Says
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings