Cecilia Malmstrom to Attend Bulgaria's Conference on EU Asylum System
EU Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom will be visiting Bulgaria on 24-25 March, with regards to the refugee situation in the country.
EU Commissioner Malmstrom will participate in a conference "The Common European Asylum System: Challenges and perspectives", Monday.
Official program includes meetings with President Rosen Plevneliev, PM Plamen Oresharski, Deputy PM and Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev, Deputy PM Daniela Bobeva.
On Monday, Cecilia Malmstrom will speak with UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) representatives and will visits the Voenna Rampa Reception Center in capital city of Sofia.
Malmstrom will visits the Reception Center in Harmanli on Tuesday followed by a brief statement to the media.
- » Bulgaria Improves Ranking in EU Funds Implementation
- » EU Court: Bulgaria Breached Antitrust Law during Digital Transition
- » Bulgaria’s PM to Propose System of Combating Human Trafficking at EU Summit
- » Statistics Shows No Restart of Payments to Bulgaria under OP Environment 2007-2013
- » Bulgaria's Public Financial Inspection Establishes 19 Violations in 20 EU-Funded Projects
- » Bulgarian Border Police Records Triple Increase in Illegal Migrant Crossings