Heroin Use in Bulgaria on the Ebb
Drug use in Bulgaria is gradually increasing, according to data from the annual statistics of the National Focal Point on Drugs and Drug Addictions.
The quantities of confiscated heroin have drastically declined in recent years, however cocaine use among Bulgarians is on the rise, the survey shows.
Four out of ten polled claimed they can easily come into possession of cannabis, Darik news reports.
In terms of alcohol use countrywide, citizens of Sofia, Pernik and Pleven are the most frequent users, followed by the towns of Gabrovo and Shumen.
- » Patients Will Need ID Cards to Be Admitted to Hospital in Bulgaria as of April
- » Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals
- » 60% of Calls to 112 Emergency Phone Number in 2014 Were Unjustified
- » 58% of Settlements in Bulgaria to Access Emergency Care in 20 Minutes by 2020
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe