Sofia, Bulgaria Ranked Most Affordable European Destination
Bulgaria's capital city of Sofia is the most affordable destination for tourists in Europe in March with average prices of BGN 115, according to the Trivago Hotel Price Index.
According to the latest survey held in more than 50 European cities and resorts by hotel comparison website trivago.co.uk, the cheapest hotels in Bulgaria are located in Veliko Tarnovo and cost an average of BGN 76 per night.
Hotels in the Black Sea resorts Sunny Beach, Sozopol and Nessebar cost an average of BGN 80-86 per night. The Golden Sands resort hotels are the most expensive accommodation in Bulgaria included in the survey with an average of BGN 131 per night.
The most expensive European city is Geneva with the record BGN 542 per night. Hotels in Lodnon, Milan, Venice and Paris cost between BGN 321-BGN 366 per night. Hotels in Warsaw, Budapest and Bucharest offers accommodation for BGN 130-140.
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Sees Growth in Revenue, Number of Visits in 2014
- » Bulgaria's St. Anastasia Island Attracts Over 45,000 Tourists in Summer Months